What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Rover Coupe - adam f
i am interested in buying a rover coupe and i would rather get one that has the HONDA engine fitted to it. is it only the basic 1.6 that has this fitted as the people i ring about there cars for sale tend to not have a clue.
also does anyone have experience of these cars - good or bad
ROVER COUPE - tanvir
1.6 - Honda
2.0 - Rover T-Series
2.0T - Rover T-Series
1.8VVC - Rover K-Series

If HGF is your worry, the bad reputation only applies to the K-Series. However, this has been slightly blown out of proportion...
ROVER COUPE - bbroomlea{P}
IIRC the honda unit was fitted up to 1996 in 1.6 form and then the K series was fitted. the best way to tell is from the interior - if its facelifted with the rounder dash then the 1.6 is a K and if not then the honda engine.

Also, if the gearbox is on the lefthand side of the engine (looking into the bonnet) that also denotes the honda engine.

The 2 litre is a Rover T series(both in Turbo and NA tune) but doesnt suffer HGF (which I assume is the reason for wanting Honda power!) Its a pretty much bullet proof old school engine capable of mega miles if looked after.