What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car Build costs - Nick Ireland
I think I am right in saying that all Mondeos are built at Genk in Belgium? If this is true it means that every car off the line must have a notional euro price on it as it rolls off the line, ready for delivery. It would be interesting to know within what price range a base Mondeo would fall (pre tax) in various European countries. Any ideas out there? Perhaps the Finance Director at Genk will post a reply!!!
Re: Car Build costs - Andy Bairsto
Across the EU but not including the UK there is a 28% difference in the cost of a mondeo the cheapest is Finland and the dearest was Greece the figures were printed in the AUTO BILD in Germany the week before last (www.autobild.de)it listed I think the top twenty selling cars in Europe.The reason the UK was not listed is the prices were so out of Sync with the rest of Europe they could not be taken seriously.The recent statement by the motormanufacturers in the UK stateing the uk was within 5-10% of the EU price was a con it refered to the dearest price in the EU and not an average or the cheapest.I worked it out that on average the UK motorist pays 19% more then the EU average
ragards Andy Bairsto
Dresden
Re: Car Build costs - Honest John
The actual build cost is £2,500 to £3,000. But this does not account for development costs, marketing, Formula 1 teams, Formula 1 drivers salaries, etc, etc.

HJ