What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volvo looking East - Xileno {P}
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4824088.stm

I wonder if Ford will follow...
Volvo looking East - mare
I wonder if Ford will follow...

Focus saloons? Anyway, what's a Volvo S30?? One email to the BBC methinks....
Volvo looking East - Hamsafar
S30 is the new small Volvo - Golf sized - Maybe it IS based on a Focus?
Volvo looking East - AlastairW
Wasn't the new small Volvo to be called the C30?
Volvo looking East - mare
S30 is the new small Volvo - Golf sized - Maybe
it IS based on a Focus?

You're sort of right, the C30 is based on the Focus, and the S40 and V50 are also Focus-based. There's no S30 though.
Volvo looking East - SjB {P}
Greetings from your Shanghai correspondent, just back in the office after ordering two tailor made high grade wool and silk copies of the favourite Austin Reed suit that I'm currently wearing for £30 each.

As the article says, Ford already have a joint venture plant in China and since I was last here (early December 2005) there has been a proliferation of locally built current generation Mundanos on the street. Main cosmetic difference to those built elsewhere is acres of chromed plastic that the Chinese seem to love along with "XYZ12345 super 15 mega sport combo 93" spec badges on the back. A Ford saloon with "Fiesta" badge on the back and which appears to be based on the previous generation hatchback Fiesta is also quite common. This is equivalent to the previous generation Vauxhall Corsa that also abounds as a Chinese-built Buick Sedan with boot on the back.

Over a beer last night I learned that the Audi A4 carries more prestige than the A6. Why? Because the A4 is imported, not locally built, it carries heavy import taxes. By buying one you are therefore making a statement that you are wealthy. New BMW 320s are more expensive than the larger engined models for the same reason and are thus far more desirable amongst the Paul Smith clothed set.
Volvo looking East - jamoor1
I really couldnt resist...
www.ford.com.vn/English/mondeo132cd/noithat.asp#

look at the last pic of the interior...
a tissue dispenser!!!