What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus zetec tdci - hammer
when accelerating the car goes well until 3.000 revs and then it goes flat could this be turbo trouble and if it is can i do any harm by keep on driving under 3,00 revs
Ford Focus zetec tdci - Screwloose
hammer

Unlikely to be turbo; going flat around 3,000 is more typical of MAF sensor trouble or restricted exhaust. Presumably the filters - particularly the fuel filter - have been changed when necessary?

Having it code-read and the latest software downloaded by a dealer might be worthwhile. There's a software fix for the common 15-1700 flat-spot; but your's isn't at those revs.
Ford Focus zetec tdci - Graemetdci
You haven't stated which TDCi you have - 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0?

I had a similar problem which did turn out to be the turbo in my 2002 1.8 115ps TDCi. The turbo had apparently been overboosting causing the ecu to cut reduce the fuel supply to protect the engine from any potential damage that could have occured as a result - hence the flat spot at 3000rpm (on occasions the engine would just 'hang' at 3000rpm). No fault codes were ever detected though.

The turbo was replaced and the problem has not recurred once in the 7 months since.