What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Help replacing my Mondeo - TopCat999
I've decided to replace my 98 Mondeo ST 24 but have already run into a problem; too many choices! I started looking at Audi (A4 and A6), VW Passat, Volvo, Saab, Mazda MX6, Honda Accord, Nissan Primera... not too keen on BMW's or Jags, just because of the type of person who normally drives them -(;0)

I've got about £10k to spend, if I get a good trade in on the Mondeo and also shift the Shogun - I've been looking at Diesels for fuel economy, performance isn't too important although I've always loved the V6 sound -(:0). Gadgets are compelling, but I've almost disregarded the Primera despite its tech, because it looks so dull!

So come on then - give me your pointers and guidance. I hope this thread can help other like me who are helpless at making decisions!
Help replacing my Mondeo - Wales Forester
Having owned 5 Mondeo 1.8 petrol models in the last few years I found myself in a similar position earlier this year.
I ended up choosing a Volvo S60 and I'm more than happy. I went for the 2.0T engine which is returing on average 30mpg which is excellent when I consider that the Mondeo was only averaging low 30's. The 5 cylinder engine makes a lovely noise when you ask of it, and the light pressure turbo gives you that extra bit of oomph when required.
In my opinion the handling is not as crisp as the Mondeo, but it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of.
Certainly worth considering, last May I paid less than £7k for an 02 plate with 87k and FVSH so £10k would obviously buy something with less miles and a newer plate.
There's always the D5 diesel too.
Check out HJ's car by car breakdown section on all the models in your shortlist.
Help replacing my Mondeo - quizman
not too keen on BMW's or Jags, just because of the type of person who normally drives them -(;0)

One of my sons owns a BMW, and the other son used to drive a Jaguar X type. They both seem OK to me, neither one of them has been to prison, and they both have a good job.
Would you tell me what type of person drives these cars, in your opinion of course.

As for your car choice, buy a Skoda. If you buy a VW or an Audi people might think you are a badge snob.
Help replacing my Mondeo - MichaelR
I'm looking to replace my Mk2 Mondeo next year. I've found it to be a fantastic car and still love it, but feel moving to a BMW 5 Series is a logical upgrade. I've considered a Mk3 Mondeo but it doesn't really offer me anything my Mk2 doesn't already.

Whereas a 5 Series will be an improvement in every way bar running costs and reliability. They do an engine to suit everyone - but for you, check out the 525d or the 530d :)