What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - local yokel
An Ebay bouhgt 6006 won't play loaded CDs and gives error code 3 after a CD reset command (load and eject buttions pressed together). Handbook says Code 3 = refer to dealer, but in-car audio is hard work for my Ford dealer. Any ideas/solutions?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 18/02/2008 at 20:49

Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - bell boy
might have come out of an accident damaged car and the laser is misaligned,suggest you totally disconect the unit reconect and try again if still coming up error suggest you return to vendor.
Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - Peter D
Try this link.

ffoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=767549&sid=c07abc...f

Regards Peter
Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - dereckr
Is this the six disc in dash unit that you post in the six discs through the one slot? I used to repair car audio (gave up two years ago after 30 years in the trade). If I remember the model number correctly, these are an incredibly complex mechanism, prone to getting discs jammed. It's a complete dismantle job to extract the stuck discs. Ford used to have some sort of exchange for these...try asking a main dealer. I never managed to find where these go back for repair to, probably a European Ford depot. Some customers noted that the jam occurred after hitting pot holes etc whilst the unit was changing discs...maybe something in that theory.
Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - cheddar
I have this unit in my Mondeo Ghia X, touch wood it has been excellent however it wont play CDR's so make sure the discs are original CD's, not copies.
Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - jc
The depot used to be at Shotgate,near Wickford,Essex.
Ford 6006 CD gives error code 3 - kithmo
My 2001 Ghia X has the 6006E and it plays CDR discs ok. I've had single discs (not the CDRs BTW) that would not eject, a couple of times and I found that pressing and holding the "Eject" button until "Eject all" appears on the display usually clears it with mine.