What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car Alarm installation diagram - SkyDragon
I bought a car alarm from eBay. What attracted me to it was the remote start feature, but it's also a car alarm. I want to fit it into my Honda Prelude, but there were no instructions, just a little diagram and a little leaflet of do's and don'ts - Can anyone help me decipher the diagram? I uploaded it, and it's located at:

www.geocities.com/skydragonzi@btinternet.com/111.J...G

I am generally brilliant at electrics, but this is the first time I'm doing something in relation to the car's electrics, so help would be appreciated. Where it says that I need to connect to the "+" output, does it mean the positive wire of the direction light? The positive wire inside the car or in the bonnet? Most of the diagram doesn't make sense, especially the lower half of it where it says to connect to the handbrake, to the brake, to the charge indicator/oil pressure - How do I connect to them? Can someone please tell me where every wire goes? Don't want to make a mistake and spend a day trying to shut the damn thing off, Lol.

Thankyou in advance.
Car Alarm installation diagram - Peter D
Firstly the Remote start is an option and not legal in the uk unless on your own private drive or ina garage. It was intented for auto's so they could start in Park thus the wheels are looked, a manual car would have to be in Neutral, not the way to park a car on a gradient, and would require fool proof sensors to detect that. This is really a cold country option, mind you looking of of the window this morning, it is a cold country with heavy frost here. You may be able to download the instructions from the manufacturers web site. Most of the other connections are obviuos and you will not need the charge/oil light as these only tell the alarm the car has started. Before you fit this unit I would wire it up ogg the car and test that it works, set's, triggeres and unset's before you go near the car. What car are you fitting it to. Regards Peter
Car Alarm installation diagram - Peter D
Before others jump in allow me to clarify. When I said 'Remote start is an option and not legal in the uk' Remote Start is not illegal but to start or leave and engine running without a quailified driver in the drivers seat whilst the car is on any form of public highway or place is illegal, yes even a supermarket carpark, yes even if you left your pal in the passenger seat ILLEGAL. Regards Peter
Car Alarm installation diagram - bell boy
i wouldnt fit the remote start as its too easy to forget the cars in gear and with it being a honda it would quite likely be off if done and could kill someone,if a simple 1200 corsa can go off on its own by turning key and thinking its in nuetral then a multi valve honda will definately go.
Car Alarm installation diagram - SkyDragon
I had one on my previous car which had the remote start installed when I bought it. It's a brilliant feature that people should consider getting, but this is the first time I'm trying to install one myself.

Relating to the diagram, so the top bit goes into the central-locking system - Where would I be able to find the main unit in the car? Then it's connected to the alarm loudspeaker, that's easy, but where would it be connected to the direction lights - Inside the car?

The whole of the central bit is confusing, and so is the bottom bit. How would the connections go that connect to that relay bit with the Hight coil and oil pump? What about brake and handbrake?

Regards
Car Alarm installation diagram - ChrisMo
> but where would it be connected to the direction lights - Inside the car?

There might be 2 outputs from the hazard warning light switch, one to each set of indicators. You can connect it on there inside the car. (This is where I connected the alarm indicator outputs on my land rover)

Getting a wiring diagram for your car would be a good place to start (if you haven't already got one)