What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - MuttleyMcLad
My ka (1.3) has now covered just over 6k miles, and im very pleased with it to date. I worked out my last tanks' mpg and it worked out at 45mpg, but that was pretty much half town driving and half doing long runs. I suppose if i went on a long run i could easily get 50mpg or poss even a little more! What mpg are other Ka owners getting? Both endura 'e' and duratec owners, I would be interested to hear your experiences.

Thanks in advance

Rich
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - mss1tw
Sounds about right.
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - Quinny100
Ford dealer lent me an 05 reg Ka with about 1100 miles on last week whilst my Mondeo was in for a service. I thrashed the pants off it for 55 miles, put 5.5L of petrol in it and it went back with the fuel gauge higher than when I picked it up - not particularly scientific but it must have done at least 45mpg.

I didn't realise you could still buy new cars with no central locking and windy windows!
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - frazerjp
As many may know or not know, i have Y-reg Ford Ka. Its covered 37k, i run mine on Shell Optimax & i can return on average between 47-50 mpg mixed conditions, plus it seems to pull very well too & ease throu the rev range then wen i first brought it 2 years ago at 24k!!!???
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - AndyT
'03 Endura Ka, 15,000mls, 46-51mpg depending on season/journey etc.

Mostly driven (not thrashed!) to speed limit on mixed journeys. Any petrol type used.

Pleasantly surprised as various road tests/forums suggested mpg in the 30's.
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - MuttleyMcLad
will my mpg improve anymore? AS i've only done 6k, or will the engine will be pretty much run in by now?
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - AndyT
I would not expect it to improve between now and next spring, when the warmer, more settled weather returns.
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - tyro
I've a Duratec engine with 13,000 miles on the clock. Over the last 3000 miles I've averaged 44.4 mpg - which is pretty well the same as I averaged when it was new.
Ford Ka (2005) fuel consumption - Another John H
There are significant differences in gearing and engine power between the earlier "endura" and later "duratec" engined KAs, as mentioned here:

tinyurl.com/9vrwu

I couldn't comment about the consumption figures though, as my youngest has yet to master the art of keeping tabs on mileage, and fuel used in her KA.