What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Golf TDi mk4... - MissDeMeena
A friend is selling his S-reg, golf, 1.9 TDi SE, Mk4, 100,000 miles, 5 door, alloys etc.
He said he was open to offers! Honest John said trade price was £2995 (at that mileage)... BUT... did i really want it, as the Mk4 have been known to be more than a little problematic!!
So my next question to everyone is, whats the problem with them, it's been suggested that most the problems are with the 1.8T... would a offer of £2500 be about right?? Or am i going to get problems down the line that'll cost me dear!?!?!

Claire
Golf TDi mk4... - Xileno {P}
The CBCB will give you info. We'v had VW's for 18 years, generally they are good cars but not as fault free as one might expect.
Golf TDi mk4... - MoneyMart
Mk4 Golfs have glitches all through their lives (as do most VWs). On the up side, the TDi is the best engine of the range. On the down-side, 100,000 miles means that the glitches become more expensive.

I had a GT-TDi which clocked up just over 100,000 miles. In the last few thousand miles it needed several hundred £££'s worth of repairs...