What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Calling Mr Woollard et el WRC comments please! - Guy Lacey
Would the Citroen fans like to comment on the failure of *two* of the Xsaras in the Monte Carlo Rally before a valve had been opened in anger and on the cheating swines changing tyres during a fuel-only service?

Was it me or did Skoda get *zero* coverage bar the unfortunate Italian-job-esque parking on an alpine hairpin?
Calling Mr Woollard et el WRC comments please! - David Lacey
One word - cheats!!

It'll all come out in the wash.

DJW seems a little slow off the mark tonight.......
Re: Calling Mr Woollard et el WRC comments please! - Guy Lacey
Fanx Dave - I meant "et al", BTW.

Expect DW is doing me a favour by "talking me up" with the posh bird with the Landy.
et al WRC comments - Lee H
OK, I'll rise to it ;)

Not seen the rally this weekend, but heard about the tyre thing on Radio 5. Sounds like a case of brain fade on someone's part there.

Don't recall seeing much of the Xsara last year, but in the previous year they seemed to do very well, along with the 206s. You'd have to be happy with them coming so near the top, and only losing for a penalty on the last day. To quote

From www.Autosport.com
>"Loeb [Citroen] trounced the opposition on the stages"

Congratulations to Makkinen on his 4th consecutive win, and looking forward to some Citroen victories this year.

Course they'd do even better if they ran the XUD TD!

Lee.
Re: et al WRC comments - Donald
Lee,
You cannot believe that a Citroen, driven by a Frenchman, in France could possibly have his appeal turned down simply because he cheated.

D
Re: Calling Mr Woollard et el WRC comments please! - Darcy Kitchin
I can't believe that the Citroen team didn't know that tyre changing wasn't allowed overnight. However, if you wanted some serious publicity ...
Re: Calling Mr Woollard et el WRC comments please! - David W
Guy,

I can't be responsible for all of France and their behaviour. Seems to me they got there first...so they changed a tyre or two...don't understand it really but, as mentioned above, all good publicity. Was it a blockade of farmer's tractors that slowed the others?

To keep the brand image up and support their "real" cars they should have used a C5 Estate.

PBWLR over last night, delivering the bargain Mondeo for me to broker.

David
Re: Calling Mr Woollard et el WRC comments please! - Flat in Fifth
Guy, although my name is not Al if I may make a comment.

The coverage from C4 was the business, though I thought Max Mosley flanneled a bit and did not clarify the protest issue much.

It's a shame that a lot of converts to rally watching might get turned off by the who's actually won and we won't know until the FIA complication bit.

Last year the Citroen team were the wizards on tarmac.

Looks like the same this year, obviously when the engine is working.

If I were Mr Head Honcho of PSA Group I think I would be asking the following searching questons this morning.

Aside from the tyre changing debacle, if I am paying for two teams to compete in the WRC how come one team is ace on tarmac and the other ace on the loose. Is a bit of cross fertilisation needed? (that is aside from PBWLR)

Secondly why did Peugeot allow a situation to develop where a driver whom
I am paying 12m quid only drive the car a few times before the first event, and not at all on dry tarmac which lets face it is a significant part of the WRC. Was it because we did not provide him with a car or testing opportunities, or was it because said driver was so busy with other things eg launch of range of trendy clobber that he was not available. If it was the latter a few harsh words in Mr Burns shell like would be forthcoming pronto.

Finally Alwyn, thanks for the comments on the navigation instructions e mail, I hope it really did improve the viewing.

Stuart