What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda accord electric tailgate problem - ablandy
I have just bought an 03 honda accord 2.4 type S tourer from a car supermarket(after much deliberation i might add - thanks to HJ for making me aware of how good this car is!)

Unfortunately, the electric tailgate doesnt seem to work properly. it closes fine, but will not open when i press the button most of the time. It seems to open a tiny bit then beep 3 times and closes. This is what it is supposed to do if it comes across some resistance. The catch releases fine and everything appears ok visually. I can see no rub marks on the bodywork to indicate a problem.

Anyone have any ideas on possible solutions. I know it has some sensors, but dont know where they are. It maybe a dealer job (should be covered by warranty for another 9 months), but id like to fix it myself if possible.

thanks in advance.
Honda accord electric tailgate problem - P 2501
>>but id like to fix it myself if possible.

Don't bother, just take it to the nearest Honda dealer. Generally they are very helpful (in my experience)

May be a modification or recall they can carry out.
Honda accord electric tailgate problem - Robbie
I have exactly the same problem with my 04 diesel tourer. I understand there have been problems with the electric tailgate and I'll be taking mine in when I find time.
Contacted my dealer and there have been problems with the gas struts. He's ordering them for me and will be in touch.
Got a call from my dealer this morning. The replacement gas struts have arrived and I'm taking it in next week.