What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
On-Street Garages - Chris S
One of my neighbours is selling cars on my road. I've nothing against someone trying to make an honest living but he's taking up the few parking spaces there are.

I heard something on the radio about it being illegal to sell two cars on the road within 500m of each other. Is this correct and who should I report him to, the police or the council?
On-Street Garages - martint123
You can't sell one never mind two.

www.denbighshire.gov.uk/Corp/Press%20Releases.nsf/...t
Selling vehicles on highways is a breach of the Highways Act, and the Town and Country Planning Act, as they can be a distraction and obstruction to other drivers. This ban refers to vehicles sold on the road, on grass verges of roads and pavements.

www.newsshopper.co.uk/archive/display.var.623892.0...l

Mr XXXX was fined £750 and ordered to pay £830 costs at the proceedings.

Bromley Council's executive member for environment Councillor George Taylor said: "Parking space for legitimate vehicles is always at a premium, so action needs to be taken against these illegally-parked vehicles."

On-Street Garages - Collos25
Is it deemed to be a business answer "yes"requirements third party insurance and traders policy,registered with council,registered with inland revenue,registered with vat,risk assessment,fire certificate,the list goes on.
answer"N0" the vehicles must be registered in his name and with a sorn if not must be taxed and insured with mot.If not it will be deemed that he is selling for profit and the answer "yes" applies
Your council should have a webb site for you to register your complaint, mention it to him especially about the tax and vat and watch them disappear.
On-Street Garages - Collos25
The sorn only applies if the vehicles are kept off the road
On-Street Garages - Stuartli
This has become a particular nuisance in my town in recent years and, at last, the council has begun to doing something about it.

Some of the major roads have half-a-dozen or more parked vehicles advertised for sale - you wouldn't touch most of them with the proverbial barge pole - and the public and residents' complaints have been rising steadily for some time, especially as traffic flow can be seriously affected by such vehicles.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
On-Street Garages - Dwight Van Driver
Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005

www.tinyurl.com/dyhlg

Look at sections 3 and 4.

dvd
On-Street Garages - Stuartli
Also worth noting as it is being extended to other areas:

tinyurl.com/dbkek (ending car tax fraud)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
On-Street Garages - Steptoe
On local news this evening; Norfolk county council planning to recover any such vehicles and charge owners £100 to get them back, there goes the profit!
One mans junk is another mans treasure
On-Street Garages - tack
Nothing more likely to get up ones nose than someone taking up more space than necessary or decent.

I call it lack of respect for neighbours. But, there are worse things.....like having a rusty and tall moth eaten van parked on next doors drive, but blocking your window view. In Fullwell Avenue Barkingside, there is a front garden chock full of rusty motorbikes, there is a house in Hainault Essex with a digger, a flat bed three tonner and a fork lift on the drive of a stone clad and be-gnomed house. There was a bloke just down the road to me who had a wingless airplane on his drive. Don't remember seeing that one come into land! My old next door neighbour used to bury his cars and bikes in the garden (1960's) Then there is the van family who keep the nice cars on their drive, but dot their horrible working vans outside the neighbours houses.
On-Street Garages - v0n
Such is life in communities that some find a van obstructing view on flowery garden deeply upsetting while others feel uneasy about a line of flowery underpants in next door garden obstructing soothing sight of their precious van. People complain to councils about neighbours erecting satellite dishes, but they don't find their fugly pink fake stone wall cladding an offence to good taste. A brick wall that's too high, a brick wall that's too small and a point blank lack of it isn't good either.