What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
recc sensible VW Golf Forum please? - Editor
Hello all. I'm trying to fix a minor annoyance with my Golf cab & despite posting it in technical, no joy. So out of the seemingly infinite amount of VW forums out there which one is the most sensible for the non 'max power' generation please?

For what it's worth here's the original post:

Hiya. I'd like to address an annoyance in the above car, which showed up during tour of France some while ago. Essentially it seems to need thinking time between pressing the accelerator for a swift overtake & actually doing it. What I was hoping is there a nice quick & cheap fix for this? A known issue?

Don't need anymore power, it's a cab (& therefore heavy) so not much point & besides it's done over 150k.

Any thoughts? It's only a 'would be nicer.' Lived with it for 5 years!

Thank you all for looking at this.
recc sensible VW Golf Forum please? - Happy Blue!
Try a couple of tanks of Optimax - it may just work!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
recc sensible VW Golf Forum please? - VR6
You could try the following www.edition38.com/board/ it has a dedicated bit for the Mk3, so may be worth a go. It also has a 'Technical Help' part as well.

It is a bit max power, but probably worth a look.
recc sensible VW Golf Forum please? - pmh
www.clubgti.com

A lot of very good vw experts, altho a number of baseball caps as well. If you appreciate (and require) the level of moderation found here dont go there!

--

pmh (was peter)