Vectra SRi 2004 Tyres - wonderwheels
Hi.Front tyres (currently Goodyear NCT5's) have around 1000 miles left in them.Tyre size (215/50 x 17) = £££££.Have had a good quote for Falken tyres (ZE512's) but not sure how good these are.Anyone recommend a suitable tyre? Michelins are around £150 a tyre.I know you usually "get what you pay for" but I am looking for a compromise
Vectra SRi 2004 Tyres - Chas{P}
Try here to get an idea of tyre prices excluding fitting, valve, balancing & disposal:

www.mytyres.co.uk/

Once you add £10-12 a corner you can compare with what you have been quoted.

hth

Charles
Vectra SRi 2004 Tyres - Cymrogwyllt
Last lot I paid for worked out at just under £250 a pair. I was offered a, to me, unknown make for £20 each less but preferred to stick to a known make. I take it yours are W rated as mine? (04 CDti SRI 150. Fronts look like lasting 18-20k and rears just over double that in mixed driving
Vectra SRi 2004 Tyres - Cyd
In your size I would recommend Goodyear Eagle F1. I use these in 215/45/17 on my Rover Vitesse Sport and can report that they perform very well. They are very very good in the wet - excellent water shifting, truly amazing ABS threshold and (reported in various magasine tyre tests) excellent aquaplaning resistance. Jim Jeffrey Tyres, Warrington, Cheshire and Britannia Tyres, Coventry do these at keen prices if you're near either.
Vectra SRi 2004 Tyres - SjB {P}
I second the Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1 (to be exact!)

A post I made a few days ago: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=33...2
Vectra SRi 2004 Tyres - prm
You can fit 225/45/17's, there a lot cheaper cos there more common