What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Speakers - Snakey
Can anyone recommend a brand of speakers to upgrade the standard ones in my 2002 Focus?

I've just installed an MP3 player and would like a performance boost on the speakers as well - without modifing door panels etc, just a straight swap?

I'm not after ridiculous ear-bashers, but a better quality sound than Fords tin-cans.
Ford Focus Speakers - Andy P
This is all I could find

www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product.asp?product=20809

But I'm sure if you ask them they'll be able to suggest some others.

Andy
Ford Focus Speakers - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
MP3 is a downgrade from a CD player regarding technical quality.
So may not be worthwhile.
Sure some hi fi buffs will be along soon.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Ford Focus Speakers - Civic8
Pretty much any will sound better than what you have.But would think 3way speakers would be best option. whether you have seperate built in tweeters or not I dont know.But would still go for 3way
--
Steve
Ford Focus Speakers - VR6
Having used the following brands I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. Although I am/did use them with additional amplification. (No, don't judge me backroomers - Ive never owned a cap, burberry, soverign ring etc...)

MB Quart - I have their 'Discus' range in my Golf. Excellent quality, and can be had for a decent price if you trawl the net a bit.

Infinity - I used to use a 6"x9" design in my parcel shelf.

JL Audio - But this is a subwoofer I have, not sure if they make 'normal' speakers. Quality is amazing for the price.

If I were you, I would concentrate on the speakers in the front. In fact, I would be inclined to leave the standard speakers in the back and go for something better up front. I'd also be inclined to go for a component set up - woofer in the door and tweeters in /on the dash. Not sure if the Focus has seperate tweeters as standard,if not, if fitted well enough the dash tweeters are hardly noticeable.
Ford Focus Speakers - Snakey
Thanks for the advice - I'll take that along to my local factors and see what they can get hold of from that list.

I've noticed a slight drop in quality from Cd to MP3, but the convenience of having 10-12 albums on one CD far outweighs it on my 3 hours a day in the car.

For the record, I also do not own an item of burberry clothing or jewellery other than a wedding ring!