What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Skoda adv. - Moosh
Has anybody watched the new Skoda ad. on TV where the potential customer escapes the salesman.
The intimation is that potential customer doesn't know that Skoda has changed utterly from its problematic past.
Very clever.
Re: Skoda adv. - Ashley
Hi Moosh.

Yes, it's my fave advert too ! The woman legging it down the forecourt sets me off laughing every time. It seems a good ploy of VW to take the mickey out of one of its own brands, maybe to show that its about time that Skoda should be taken seriously. It may be a cheap VW, but they are well screwed together and look tough too. Look at the 'Taxi' topic !

Rgds,

Ash.
Re: Skoda adv. - Alwyn
I thing it is a daft negative advert . Some folks are not "clever" enough to see the point and will be afraid of the image created, even though we are told Skodas are now excellent.

"Wot will my mates think"
Re: Skoda adv. - Guy Lacey
If they don't get it then I expect VW doesn't want their business.
Re: Skoda adv. - Steve G
Very funny and clever but will it sell more cars ??
As in my previous thread 'skoda's are cool ???' the image thing will still stop people buying Skodas.
VW have sucessfully turned Seat into a respectable brand but Skoda have a image which is ingrained in peoples minds as a joke. It will be impossible to lose this.
I'm sure Skodas will be bought by oap's just like Daewoo's. Once you get to certain age you can wear,say and drive what you like and not worry about it.
Re: Skoda adv. - FfwlCymraeg
Surely the guy knew it was a skoda before getting in. So why get in in the first place?

FfwlCymraeg
nit-picking since the 1960's