What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ZX door mirror - Ian Hart
Unfortunate incident with my wife's ZX last night - whacked the passenger door mirror. The casing's gone back OK but the glass is cracked and broken. What's the most cost effective way to replace the glass without bothering Citroen please.

Cheers
Ian
Re: ZX door mirror - James S
Go to a scrap yard, or phone up one of those scrap places that deliver items, shouldn't cost more than about £10.
Re: ZX door mirror - Darcy Kitchin
Try Halfords or local motor factor. Replacement mirror glasses are readily available but may not match tint or magnification of the original.
Re: ZX door mirror - David W
Ian,

Darcy is right to mention Halfords. If you've never looked you'll be amazed at the range of mirror glasses they have for loads of vehicles.

David
Re: ZX door mirror - Honest John
Er, is this the ELECTRIC door mirror. ZXs are the only cars I know that very sensibly had a manual driver's mirror (which the driver could reach) and an electric passenger side mirror (because the driver can't reasonably reach that on the move). If the mechanism is damaged Ian could be in more trouble than he thought.

HJ
Re: ZX door mirror - Ian Hart
Thanks for the concern but it is a manual one. Indeed following the advice given I've already phoned Halfords and they have reserved me the last one in stock at £9.99. A happy ending and thanks for the useful info.

Cheers
Ian

ps GREAT forum - I'm now a regular (satisfied) visitor.
Re: I thought that the one side manual - Matt Kelly
one side leccy was a good idea because the the driver's side is more likely to be knocked by a passing car & break. It being manual adjustment it's easier / cheaper to repair.
However my friend with a ZX had his wing mirror broken by being walked into by either an extremely lardy pedestrian or an oik bent on destruction. So he had to have the electric one replaced and the good sense of having one leccy, one manual from a repair point of view didn't really apply.
zsaras are the same - crazed idiot
many of last model xsaras are the same, ill remind myself about new ones over the weekend