What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Ridgeline - THe Growler
Got my first look at one of these today:

www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/honda...m

These pickups are geting far too "soft" IMHO and this thing will have a long way to go to beat the the Nissan Frontier, our current market leader. If you want a car buy a car, if you want a pickup buy a pickup, not some indeterminate version of something in between. Honda's too late in the market with this anyway.

Obvious how they've taken their styling cues from the king of the breed too: the Ford F-150.
Honda Ridgeline - TimW
Mmmmm, another gargantuan Yank-crap soft-roader.

Not that I hate these vehicles or anything. :o)
Honda Ridgeline - chris_w
First time I ever went to the US I went in something called a 'Suburban'. Was bigger than all the cars I've ever owned if I put them all back to back. Why anyone needs a 'car' like this is anyone's guess.

Have a look at this beast tho...

www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/ford/...m
Honda Ridgeline - TimW
First time I ever went to the US I went in
something called a 'Suburban'. Was bigger than all the cars I've
ever owned if I put them all back to back. Why
anyone needs a 'car' like this is anyone's guess.
Have a look at this beast tho...
www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/ford/...m

Holy crap that is gorgeous
Honda Ridgeline - THe Growler
Plenty of Suburbans here, but they have a valid role, large families, govt officials needing security etc. I like big vehicles, Tonka toys aren't for me, but this Honda just seems a bit late in the day. Bit of a puny engine too, whereas the F-150 has a 4.6liter V-8.
Honda Ridgeline - cheddar
Reckon it is partly about brand credentials, Honda make good cars, fine sports and touring motorbikes, reliable outboard motors and excellent lawnmowers, generators etc though the Honda brand stands for little in the large 4x4 SUV market.

Although the Japanese automotive brands are intersting in their diversity, for instance Yamaha with over a centuary of making fine musical instuments today, arguably, make the finest pianos, cutting edge audio visual products, top flight motorcycles and the most powerful production outboard motors, their brand credentials are not infinitely transferable. I.e. reckon a large 4x4 Honda SUV is rather as if Sony were to launch a 1000cc super bike, Harley Davidson a 1600cc hatch back or Land Rover a 100 wpc Dolby pro logic AV amplifier.

Honda Ridgeline - Chris75
Is it just me or does that Ford Fairline look like they have re-launched the Cortina as a 4x4?