What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Happy Blue!
Mine's a bit obvious really, I find the idea of an Italian supercar which can seat four people in comfort, something of interest and I want one.

What's the reason for your BR name.

Can make some guesses: -

Pugugly - you are or use used to drive one;
perleman - presumably a big nosed humourist with initials S J?

Anyone care to spill the beans or have a guess?

E3
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - BazzaBear {P}
Middle name Barry, and Bazza a much less likely name to be taken than James.
On an Alfa forum I frequent the Bazza name became irrevocably associated with bears (long story), so every forum I've registered on since, I've been BB. No-one has ever already sued it, so it saves a lot of brainpower thinking of a new moniker.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - PhilW
Mine's a difficult one!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Bromptonaut
'cos my other car's a folding bike.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Citroënian {P}
A love of the cars of Andre Citroen and his company, except the Xsara and Saxo which were rubbish.

-- Lee Having a Fabialous time.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Because people pass water over me most of the time!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - VTiredeyes
stay on pc very late as was thinking of a good username for my aviator, some 10 odd years ago.
think the chat room was called worlds.
not looked for it for years, but i was usually a penguin !
and the v is for very !
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - frazerjp
Hmm... it looks more intelectial?
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Adam {P}
I always got called it as a kid - it was my nickname.

Ad - Adam.

Ski - No idea because the only good thing I'm good at with snow is throwing it!
--
Adam
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - bimmer-driver
Mine doesn't need much explaining either.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - blue_haddock
Any guesses?
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - madux
Any guesses?

Anything to do with fish?
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Robin Reliant
Mine's for sentimental reasons, really .My mother used to call me that as a kid and it sort of stuck.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - NowWheels
'cos I currently have no wheels.

Probably a bad choice of name. Not being a believer in the divine right of motorists to self-regulate, some folks assume that "No Wheels" is what I reckon everyone should have. Which I don't.

Hope to get some wheels again sometime soon, at which point my pseudonym will be useless. I had thought of replacing at that point it with "NewWheels", but that would soon be inaccurate. So I'll probably have to call myself "electric hamster on drugs".
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Ex-Moderator
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=17018&...e
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Sofa Spud
No points for guessing Sofa Spud = couch potato. In fact I'm quite an active person and not overweight, but I was just so smugly happy with myself for thinking up the name I simly had to use it!

I've been Sofa Spud on one or two other motoring websites, including the Diesel Car magazine's online forum.

Cheers, So far's pud!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - OAP

I'm too old to remember why:-)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - turbo11
Everybody has a nickname at my place of work.Turbo is mine.Many of my work colleagues have nicknames too rude to write(think they would get filtered out)a couple of tamer ones;
A cleaner called Flymo;he hovers around but doesn't pick anything up!

{ 8< snip 8< removed as not tame at all!! DD }

A muscle freak called wimp
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - madf
an abbreviated version of my once ISP: madasafish

madf

Why did you chose your pseudonym? - johnny
I'm a bit concerned that we have a Hamsterdangler in our midst though.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Canon Fodder
madasafish - HA! - We frequent some of the same share dealing sites - Mike Walters being one.

My nickname, Canon Fodder, stems from my cricketing days when if we only had 10 players, our scorer would write "The Rev. Canon Fodder DNB" in as No. 11 - lord knows why although it's obviously a rather clumsy pun on 'cannon fodder' as infantry soldiers used to be called.

CF.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Chuffer Dandridge
Nicknames:

Wheelbarrow, works hard when pushed
Blister, always comes up after the hard work has been done
Vest, always on your back
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - SjB {P}
{ 8< snip 8< removed as not tame at all!! DD }

No, but pink fluffy lice funny whilst it was there! ;-)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Tomo
The Old Motoring Owl.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - No Do$h
It's ironic.
I'm as mad as a duck with a multiple personality disorder.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - kithmo
Got fed up with people who couldn't remember whether to spell Keith, k-e-i-t-h or k-i-e-t-h, so I dropped the "e".
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - howmuch!?!
Apparently I said "How Much?!" in such an astounded way when told the price of a programme at a Swindon Town football match that the name stuck. (I hadnt been to a match for a long time. The ticket cost that much I thought we'd get free drinks throughout the game. Some football would have been nice too.)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Robin Reliant
Some football would have been nice too.)
>>
At Swindown Town? That's stretching it a bit, howmuch!
Oi! Watch it mate!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - David Horn
Jesse's my middle name, but David was already taken when I registered.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - WhiteTruckMan
The day after I picked mine, I got a blue one.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - v8man
Another obvious one. I currently drive a V8 Range Rover and have owned 9 V8 Rovers including P6s and SD1s.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Imagos
imagos=

1 An insect in its sexually mature adult stage after metamorphosis.
2 Psychology. An often idealized image of a person, usually a parent, formed in childhood and persisting unconsciously into adulthood.

Dictionary entries.. i based mine on #2.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - keo-the-dog
it's my dogs name and named after the cypriot beer which i am quite partial to...cheers...keo
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - smokie
[cough cough]
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Blue {P}
Some may remember I used to be called blue_oval, that was the first name I chose when I first registered on an internet forum 'cos I was driving a Fiesta at the time, and I was (and still am) a big Ford fan.

Anyway, some people abbreviated my name to Blue, which I liked, and some abbreviated to BO which I didn't, so I decided to change it to Blue, I also was working for Honda at the time so there was talk of changing it to "RedH" which I wasn't keen on.

And no, now that I have a BMW I won't be changing it to "Blue_and_White_Propellor." :-)

Blue
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Dynamic Dave
Mine stems from my old CB radio handle.
I meant to say...

(cough cough)
>>Mine stems from my old CB radio handle.

Ok. And why did you choose it at that time ? The only time I've ever seen you do anything dynamic is the speed you are capable of on the very rare occasions Alan gets his hand in his pocket in a bar.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Dynamic Dave
Ok. And why did you choose it at that time ?

It was a replacement name for Bulldozer, which was my previous CB handle before I went off air for a while. A mate of mine kept refering to me as 'dynamic', so it seemed logical to add Dave to the end of it for my new handle.
very rare occasions Alan gets his hand in his pocket in a bar.

So rare, that I've never actually seen it happen.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - No Do$h
>> very rare occasions Alan gets his hand in his pocket
in a bar.
So rare, that I've never actually seen it happen.

Scandalous, absolutely scandalous! I never have my hand in my pocket in a bar as I walk in with my wallet already in my hand.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - NowWheels
And no, now that I have a BMW I won't be
changing it to "Blue_and_White_Propellor." :-)

but have you considered "No Indicators"? ;-)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Blue {P}
>> And no, now that I have a BMW I won't
be
>> changing it to "Blue_and_White_Propellor." :-)
but have you considered "No Indicators"? ;-)

Actually, re my post in Technical matters, "No_head_gasket" would be more appropriate :-(

Blue
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - AngryJonny
I'm not all that old and drive a BMW E34.

However, I'm aging rapidly and the E34 is being replaced this weekend... so perhaps a new moniker is in order. Names I've used in other places include Noodles, AngryJonny, CharlyLownoise, Pustullio and Lord Nigel Metheringham, for various reasons.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - cub leader
Because I am one.
--
Im a student ive got time!!!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Welliesorter
When I was about 15, I was given the job of sorting a pile of wellies into pairs by an uncle who had bought them at a knock-down price to sell in his shop. After a few hours of sorting, I discovered that there weren't many pairs in the pile. I'm sure there was a valuable lesson to be learned from the exercise, but I've yet to work out what. I adopted the name when I first used a networked computer in 1989, but only use it in one or two web forums now. This may be the first time I've bothered to explain its origin.
Why did you chose your nom de plume? - L'escargot
My nom de plume originated from a nickname that I got at work when three of us were transferred from one section to another and when we then needed some humour to keep us sane in an office in which the existing incumbents were just plain weird!

My signature just seemed to follow naturally, shortly after I joined this forum.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - L'escargot
My nom de plume

Please excuse me for temporarily changing pseudonym to nom de plume. I was just being whimsical!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - El Hacko
Hack (journalist) o (Spanish connection)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - cheddar
More geographical than cullinary.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - tr7v8
Mine comes from the very expensively restored TR7 V8 which resides in my garage and has done for 5 years, the longest I've ever owned a car!
Funnily enough I'm TR7V8 on every fora except the TR register one where it was taken before I got there....

Jim
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Conditional Identity
I panicked, and it was the first thing that came into my head.

Could have been worse.....
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - sir_hiss
In the Disney animated version of Robin Hood, Sir Hiss is Prince Johns sycophant sidekick. I've been using this pseudonym on the internet for quite a number of years, including on line gaming.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - patently
Surely mine is obvious. (But how obvious?)

It may also be related to the absurdity of most of my posts. Or, then again, it might not.
I needed something to sign up to hotmail with - the prospect of kevin67864@hotmail.com wasn't appealing and the only witty thing i could think of was last nights episode of Red Dwarf where Rimmer had threatened to slap Lister with a big blue haddock.

The rest is history.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - tyro

? noun (pl. tyros) a beginner or novice.

? ORIGIN Latin, ?recruit?.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - commerdriver
It's fairly unlikely to clash with one anyone else has chosen
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Alfafan {P}
Obvious
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - VTiredeyes
good thread Espada
:-)
i like.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Galaxy
Galaxy

Nothing whatsoever to do with the chocolate of the same name!

No, mine is as the MV Galaxy, which was the ship that pirate radio station Radio London used to broadcast from during the sixties. I'm very interested in these things, you know.

I'm Galaxy elsewhere on the web, too. Sometimes it has to be Galaxy266 as I can't always get Galaxy, but I could on this forum. 266 was, of course, Radio London's frequency in metres.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Round The Bend
Thinking of changing mine ...... could reverse it to Sian. Whole new ID!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Altea Ego
Papa
1999 Renault Scenic
2003 Renault Laguna

Nicolle
1996 Renault 5
2001 Renault Clio

Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Stargazer {P}
Whn I started posting here, many fewer people looked in and most used their real names, as the BR became busier and moved into its current incarnation I decided to become a little more anonymous and hide behind my realwold job.

Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Orson {P}
I was watching "A Touch of Evil" with a couple of work colleagues once, and they kindly pointed out that I bore a resemblance to the rotund Orson Welles as he heaved his enormous body out of a car. That's as far as it might have gone, had they not remembered the nickname the following day. My work sees me slumped on a bench for long periods of the day, and my posture is apparently reminiscent of Orson Welles or Oliver Hardy wedged into something like an Austin 7.

O
--
Jaguar XJS V12 - comes with free personalised oil tanker.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - The Lawman
"lawman" is the nickname my pub darts team allotted me, because I am a solicitor. We have a farmer (the grim reaper) a pest controller (the exterminator) a garage owner (spanners)and a fencing contractor (flashing blade)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Chad.R
errrrrr.......lack of imagination?
1996 Renault 5

Didn't know they were still doing 5s in 1996...or was that when Mademoiselle Nicolle aquired the car?
Didn't know they were still doing 5s in 1996

The very last of the line 5's were on a 96 N, although i have a feeling they may have carried on for a bit longer over in france.
The last few 5's in the uk were on a 96 P plate.

Nicolles was a K
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - THe Growler
What was the tit;e of Big L's signature tune? "Diamond Lil"? Now there's a nice nick.......
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - artful dodger {P}
Artful Dodger

Well my name is Roger, I have been selling paintings for 27 years and I used to live in Rochester - the haunt of Charles Dickens.

Used to have a boat called Artful Dodger years ago, and before that Jolly Roger (had a skull and cross bones, with a smile, on the spinnaker). If I ever buy another boat I would call it Jammy Dodger.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I am Scottish and stupidly annoying at times, so I thought that I'd get the insult in before anyone else.
I am large however - so 'See you Jimmy!'
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - holly1
Daisy is my car
Still can't work it out, GWS.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Big Vern
Big Vern, cause I drive a Silver Vectra just like Vernon Dursley and the rest of the residents of Privit Drive

It was relavent back it the day when I registered anyways.
Oh dear uncle Vernon, I hope your wife and child are not like the literary versions?
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - top turkey
When I was younger (a lot younger) I used to be in a marching band. We had 5 bass drums, and I played the smallest. The smallest was called the 'top spot' as it was the drum that was given the hardest parts, played the fastest rhythms and required the most skill. The bottom spot was basically the idiots drum as it just required a big old smack every now and then.

As I was never a cool kind of kid, I was called a turkey by fellow band mates.

Put the 2 together and you have "top turkey".

Do I get an award for the most obscure? ;-)

TT
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Mapmaker
To be honest, I've absolutely no idea. It certainly has nothing to do with maps, or making them. But it pre-dates my membership here. A vauge explanation is that there's at least one company formation agent who takes two unrelated nouns and puts them together into one word e.g. flamewatch - to ensure that nobody else has used the name before. Struggling to find a unique name for myself - other than James (which as other posters have noted is rather common and far from unique), I came up with the first two letters of my surname, stuck a 'p' on the end and found another noun to go with it. I thought that mapmaker would be a suitable choice of two words, for as DVD correctly points out, Cartographer would be a better name - but untrue! I have since discovered that there is a film called The Mapmaker's Wife - which I find somewhat surreal.

Yawn! but you did ask.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - helicopter
Pretty obvious in my case.
Sorry to drift slightly away, but I moderate on another forum which is "dedicated" to Le Mans, with particular respect to non-racing activities (at www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php in case you are interested)

The forum has been running for some years but recently has grown to quite a size and obviously we now meet in "real life", both at Le Mans and elsewhere.

It is really quite strange hearing guys introducing themselves by their (sometimes rather bizarre) handles - and yet mostly, this is the only way they are all known to each other...

Mrs S was laughing her socks off when my mates called out Hi Smokie at Goodwood last year...took some living down at home...

Well done for this thread...
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - SjB {P}
It is really quite strange hearing guys introducing themselves by their (sometimes rather bizarre) handles

I thought the same at the Ace Cafe Backroom meet last year! Was great to meet up with some fellow Backroomers though.

You can see those of use who did meet, here: groups.msn.com/honestjohn/acecafebackroommeet25720...1
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - AR-CoolC
My original user name was Glass-tech and I still use it as a signarure when answering in the Tech side of the BR.
I ended up more and more replying on the discussion side so thought a new name was required, my initials are ARC and at the time I had LLcoolJ's CD in the car so just used that.

(Glass-Tech)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - SlightlyFatRep
How I wish mine was not accurate.................

Cheers!
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - redafour
Because I drove red Audi A4! Have since changed to a VW Passat but I dont fancy silvapassat or the like so I`ll stay with what I`ve got!.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Pugugly {P}
Pugugly - you are or use used to drive one;

I did drive a poverty spec 106 once. I am not (that) ugly....
Apparantly it was an early petrolhead remark I was heard to utter
at the age of three every time I saw a Farina Peugeot....it sort of stuck.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Clanger
Used to have a passing resemblance to the actor Donald Sutherland who played 'Hawkeye' Pierce in the 1970 film MASH. Also my CB handle 20-odd years ago.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - thallium81
Highly toxic, white metallic element characterized by a green spike in its signature spectrum. Used in pesticides. Suits me.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Wales Forester
A nickname that stuck - I used to be a perfectionist but I'm ok now.

PP
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - frostbite
I once led an expedition to the North Pole and severe weather conditions resulted in our becoming disoriented and the rest of the team were swallowed by a sudden crack which appeared in the ice.

I battled on alone, but the -45c conditions took their toll on my fingers and toes. Three days after I had devoured the last Husky, a rescue party found me.

Alternatively, it's because I used to sell ice-cream.
well I don't believe that ridiculous, exagerated, glamourised nonsense about selling ice-cream, so it must be the other story.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Imagos
I'll be interested to hear 'dogbreaths' reason?
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Avant
I've wanted an Audi for many years, and now I've got one, so why not?

Boring, but then I'm training manager for a firm of chartered accountants, so doubly boring....
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - budu
I lived near Kampong Budu in Malaysia for some years. It had a herd of albino buffaloes which used to biff my MGTD when I tried to get through it.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Stuartli
Mine's a combination of names and letters - I thought that KnowsItAll might not go down too well....:-)

Or KnowsItAllKnowsNowt could have been an alterntive...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - buzbee
The chirpy bird used by BT in its adverts. I made use of it in the CB radio days. I was not BT but the channel could go rather quiet after I responded with my 'handle'.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Oz
As detailed in Profile ...
Oz (as was)
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Fullchat
The awesome sound of the works rallycars in the 70's and 80's through the Yorkshire forests at 'Fullchat' will live with me forever.

Fullchat
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - perleman
"perleman - presumably a big nosed humourist with initials S J?"

Please explain this remark - big nose? S J?" Don't get it.

The truth is, it is the name of a drinking game me and my friends developed in Australia on a yaught to confuse the Ozzies - there were no rules as such, but 6 of us would sit in a circle, and clockwise people would say "Perleman.... Swirleman.... Merleman etc" and in the end someone would got "er...... Perleman" and everyone would cheer and they'd have to neck their drink. Hours of fun as outsiders who didn't realise it was contrived would try to work out the rules and join in - we'd always make out that they lost & had to drink. One guy got reall wasted and fell in the sea which wasn't funny at all untill the next day.

Thinking about it I should probably be known as GTI-TURBO or something a bit more relevent to cars!

B
"perleman - presumably a big nosed humourist with initials S J?"
Please explain this remark - big nose? S J?" Don't
get it.

Probably refers to S.J. Perleman, an American writer/humorist from early/mid 20th century.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Happy Blue!
Thanks Chad - I wondered who else would 'geddit'.

Big nose refers of course to his magnificent schozzle, and as another member of the Red Sea Pedestrians - I too am a proud owner of such an appendage.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Pezzer
Used to be my nickname at school, which had something to do with the Pez sweets that you could buy (which came in brightly coloured dispensers with hinged faces on the top) and because my surname began with Pe.
The exact schoolboy logic escapes me now !

P
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - TimW
Guess.
Why did you chose your pseudonym? - Roberson
Couldn't think of a funny handle at the time, and thaught "lets keep things simple", and so used my surname. How original.

I had never thaught of using a school nickname, but they arn't that imaginative (Robo, Robocop and ...er....Roberson)