What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Focus 115 TDCi - 115TDCi
Hi there wondered if anyone had any ideas why my focus keeps playing up.

The symptoms are as follows:

The car is proving to be extremely difficult to start whether cold starting or warm starting.

When cruising at 60 or 70 mph there is a hesitation and the revs drop down slightly then back up again.

I have experienced a large amount of smoke/soot from the exhaust when accelerating; it has not produced this amount smoke in the last 2 years of ownership.

My car is still under ford warranty and has been to the main dealer twice.

The first time it was there (for 4 weeks!) they found the injectors has lost their program and so cleaned them and reprogrammed them.

I took there car back on the basis that they could replicate the faults anymore, if I experienced them I should take it back in.

A week passed and you guessed it all the above symptoms started again, it has been back with them for nearly a week and they phoned me today stating they couldn't replicate the faults for long enough to get a fault code on the ECU.

They stated that Ford were not particularly helpful this time round, I have taken the car back and although I haven't experienced the starting problem, it has been smoking heavily again!

I will wait for the starting problem before taking it back as they say they can?t replicate the hesitancy and smoking issue.

Does anyone here have experience of these problems with the focus and the 115 1.8 TDCi engine??

By the way the car has only done 35,500 miles is main dealer serviced and I change the oil and filter with approved Ford items in between the 12500 mile service intervals just as I feel the that the oil is just too dirty at 6000 miles.

The car is a September 2002 built model.

Any TSB's etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks for your time.

Tim