What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cheap mpv - Shaz {p}
A friend and I have just bought a s late '98 plate Alhambra 2.0, metallic green. It has 80k on the clock (probably clocked - but nowdays probably is the norm) 6 mths tax, mot only for (two months though). Not perfect condition - but drove well. Exhaust front pipe has a rattle, and aircon needs recharging. Body work - has a few scratches - need polishing/buffing. But n/s rear door has a dent. Not much in the way of history, but seemed solid enough underneath, no rattles/bangs, noises - drove well.

All the electrics work - even the aircon seemed to come on, although not very cold - I know this was a particular problem with these. New tyres (4) within the last year - still newish - even though they have covered 12,000 miles. Although has been serviced - oil / filter newish. The guy selling had covered 12,000 miles in the last 10 months. Approx 2500 - 3000 of which on holiday through Europe.

Paid £3k.
What do you think? (seriously)

Have advised my friend to get cambelt changed - peace of mind. We have budgeted £500 to get the whole car in show room condition, but to be honest - should be able to get it done for half that - £300 tops.

Cheap mpv - Shaz {p}
Yes - I saw the break down - and I was also expecting the worst - and had advised my friend of this. I saw one other in autotrader priced at £3450, that had the aircon overhauled (with bills of £1300)!! This did have history - 115k but was a trader. Problem with this was - one it was furthur out Birmingham I think, did not have the luxury of time.
But on 2nd thoughts may have been a better deal - despite "higher" mileage.
Cheap mpv - Shaz {p}
Forgot to mention, that seller had priced it at £3495. Took a lot of haggling to bring him down this far.