What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA rear wiper - Plingy
...I'm sure it was working last week! This morning, NON! So, my question; is there a fuse in the loop that I could check first, or is it more likely to be the motor? Car is V reg (Feb 00) Oh...when pulling the column stalk to its 2nd stage, the rear water squirter works...which seems to me to point to the motor, but I'm probably wrong. If it IS the motor, are they readily to be had at salvage yards etc? Many thanks.. PL
Ford KA rear wiper - Altea Ego
Its likely to be the feed to the motor.

Dont know the Ka specifically but it will be either the cable broken that runs through a rubber grommet/condiut between the hatch and the body, or it might employ electrical contacts at the base of the hatch/body that make (or in this case do not make) when the hatch is closed.
Ford KA rear wiper - Victorbox
If it is anything like a Nova I once owned the break in the cable running to the rear wiper motor blew a common fuse which meant the front wipers stopped working as well. It starts to rain, you wipe rear window, blow fuse, so no wipers at all. Great idea!
Ford KA rear wiper - Plingy
Ah! , Thanks for that.... that might explain why intermittently the remote boot unlock button failed to unlock the boot!? Dirty contacts maybe. I'll check when I get home tonight...thanks.
Ford KA rear wiper - Victorbox
....or possibly as suggested above the cable for the wiper motor and the cable for the central locking motor run next to each other in the rubber tube that carries the wiring loom between the hatch and the body of car. Eventually the opening and closing of the hatch breaks the insulation or the wires snap completely.
Ford KA rear wiper - elekie&a/c doctor
Erratic operation of the rear wiper & tailgate release on Ka & Fiesta is usually a poor earth circuit to tailgate which relies on the 2 hinge pins to transmit an earth path to the body of car.Spray some rust penetrant/lubricant on the hinge pins & work tailgate up & down to ease it in.
Ford KA rear wiper - Adam {P}
I'm going to go with RF on this...yes I did say that. My Fiesta had exactly the same problem - but sometimes the boot release/rear wiper would work, others it wouldn't. I traced the problem when I was in my car ready to head off and Dad slammed the boot. As he did, the wiper moved, and then stopped straight away. I got out, and if I leant on the boot, the wiper would come on. I changed the plate at the bottom (4 squares of copper type material) from Ford at around £15 which never solved the problem but by then it was Summer.

I suspect that elekie&a/cdoctor's suggestion will work...wish I knew that back then!
--
Adam
Ford KA rear wiper - Altea Ego
Blimey - no seperate earth? I assume then that the HRW goes on the blink at the same time?