What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Noble M400 - ndbw
Anybody else see the road test by Neil Lyndon in the Sunday Telegraph colour suppliment?.0 to 60 3.5 secs,185mph,425bhp,it would appear that after some testing on minor roads which decided a friend with him that it was too hairy for him to contemplate owning,Neil then accelerated on the slip road to join a motorway when he lost it so completely that it slammed into the embankment,spun and came to rest with the rear N/S wheel broken off,fortunately no one else involved or the driver and passenger hurt,made me think either the throttle control wants rethinking or Neil Lydon needs retraining before being let loose again with a high performance car.Must take my hat off to him for honesty,think I might have kepy quiet and not published the article.

ndbw
Noble M400 - Algernon
Unfortunately I have binned the paper but was it not wet? Also this was some beefed up version. I wonder what tyres it was on, as many high performance tyres are not good if they see any water; even on Supra I keep slip control on with the P Zeroes.

But I think Neil will be back on the worthy vehicles which I do not bother to read about!
Noble M400 - ndbw
Hi Algernon
Yes it was a wet road and their concluasion was that faced with a wet gradient and no traction control the Quaife auto torque based differential was unable to cope,would a car be road legal if tyres fitted cannot give control?.

My daughter is now on her third Jag.XKR having been invited in Oct to purchase one of a limited edition of fifty,these as you will know are 400bhp and all she has managed to do is to kerb one O/S front wheel on her previous one the cost was eye watering and the damage fortunately only cosmetic as it took Jaguar two months to get a replacement,her partner did tell me that it can be a beast with the traction control off.
Regards
ndbw