What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
bad time to buy a 3 series? - Turbodog
Given that (a) there's loads of them out there, and (b) there's an all new model out next summer? Hence residuals adversely affected.

It's just that I test drove the 320d today, and I love the performance and drive plus the idea of 50 mpg (but does it really return that in the real world?).
Don't really like the look of the imminent new A4, would never have another Merc, like Lexus but uneconomical petrol engines only, new Passat next year might be worth waiting for, Saab,Volvo,Honda etc don't appeal (car snobbery maybe, but residuals also, and not as good to drive)

Reckon I can get £1500 off list on a new one; dealers seem to ask silly money for second hand ones, and whilst I'd buy second hand I wouldn't want anything more than a year old...

Comments gratefully received etc

bad time to buy a 3 series? - Pezzer
T'dog, not sure that you'll get 50 mpg. I almost got a 320Cd in the summer, I had one for the weekend and the computer was saying 37-40 ish (I am a bit liberal with the fun pedal, although a colleague has just got the saloon and is getting the same). Decided against it as they put the prices up, so I went for the 120d, its not as pretty as the coupe but it worked out a better deal financially and has the new TD engine with even more bhp and torque.

P