What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Corsa 1998 cambelt failure - Civic8
Ecotech 1.4. had cambelt replaced last april 2003. car has done 22k since then. I had to look at motor tonight. severe tapping of camshaft/tappets.valve`s touching pistons.wasnt certain at the time what it was. further look says cambelt split in several places causing cam timing to be well out.Not certain about this motor. But according to vx and independant. cambelt should last 40k. is this well out or correct. if correct may be one off.though I doubt it as its happened before. to friends cars.
--
Was mech1
Corsa 1998 cambelt failure - blinky
I'm not sure when the pulleys etc. are due to be changed. If only the belt was done but the pulleys etc. weren't it could be that the worn out pulleys were causing excess wear on the cambelt.
Corsa 1998 cambelt failure - robZilla
My Vectra has 2.0 Ecotec and Vx recommend changing the cambelt KIT - not just the belt - every 40k miles.
>>Vx recommend changing the cambelt KIT

Sorry forgot to mention. it was all done including water pump.
or put it this way.Its all on the bill as being done?
--
Was mech1
Corsa 1998 cambelt failure - Dynamic Dave
cambelt should last 40k. is this well out or correct.

Yep, replace at 40k or 4 yrs, whichever comes sooner. If the work was done bya vaux dealer, it might be worth contacting Vaux customer service.
I have advised FIL to do this. it was done by vaux dealer. though they refused to do it again... I will say he is fed up with "Vx" and this afternoon. put a deposit on new Yaris.I got impression he really didnt care anymore about corsa.I tend to agree.it has caused him grief.But thanks anyway .Though I reckon he wants his money back on cam belt/work done that need not. will let you know what happens.
--
Was mech1