What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Appeal for help... - Mark (RLBS)
The following is placed anonymously at the request of someone who wonders if anyone here can help.

Epsom man in car smash ? as he chases his Mercedes

The victim of a daring car theft risked injury as he leapt into his wife\'s car and chased after the thieves who snatched his £70,000 sports car.

But as he tried to box in the stolen Mercedes SL55 the thieves crashed into the pursuing car, leaving both vehicles badly damaged .

The incident started in the evening on Thursday, August 5, when the car was snatched from under the victim\'s nose.

The man, who was selling his silver sports car, had arranged a viewing. Two men came to his home in Epsom before leaving.

At about 8pm the victim received a call on his mobile phone from one of the men and as he was speaking, saw his Mercedes being reversed out of the drive by the other man.

The car made off and the victim saw a blue Volkswagen Golf being driven erratically by the second thief.

The victim leapt into his wife\'s car, a black Saab estate, and chased his stolen Mercedes along College Road.

As it drew up at traffic lights at the junction with Longdown Lane North he tried to box it in, but the thief drove straight at the Saab, pushing it out of the way and causing major damage to both vehicles.

The stolen car then made off down College Road.

It then turned right at the roundabout in the direction of Burgh Heath and has not been seen since.

This week police appealed for witnesses who saw the theft, the collision at the crossroads or who saw the Golf being driven erratically.

The first offender who arranged the viewing and was driving the Golf was of Asian appearance, 6ft, of slim build, with dark hair and long, thin sideburns.

He was wearing a white linen shortsleeved shirt with a scribble sign, faded blue jeans with white horizontal marks and rings on his fingers, including a thumb ring.

The second man, who drove the Mercedes, was also of Asian appearance, 5ft 10in, plump, with a paisley tattoo on the right side of his head partially covered by a number two haircut and was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with a zipped front and dark jeans.

Anyone witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact investigating officer PC Alex Paul at Epsom police station on 0845 125 2222.
Appeal for help... - patently
My sympathies.

This happened to friends of ours - the car has not been seen since. His wife showed the thief round the car and was informed in no uncertain manner that she was going to give him the keys one way or another.

The insurers paid up despite release of the key, in the light of the threats that were made.
Appeal for help... - frostbite
With luck, if the Mercedes is found, the thief will have been injured in the collision and leaked some DNA on to the upholstery.
Appeal for help... - HF
I'm just glad the victim did not get hurt, as we read so many times about people chasing thieves or other criminals.

Hope someone can help.
Appeal for help... - Dalglish
With luck, if the Mercedes is found, ..

>>

highly unlikely to be found.
probably shipped out in a container to the far-east rhd market on the same day, if not within a few hours.

the lessons to learn here are:
1. if you own a high value car, fit it with a tracker.
2. do not try to sell it from your home unless you know what you are doing and have taken all possible precautions.

sympathies to the victim, and he was lucky to get away without him or anyone in his family being knifed or being shot.

Appeal for help... - VTiredeyes
my m8 has had this happen to him, but liverpool cid where on to them. again two asians were following the car for two weeks.
hiswife was washin the car, they was gona tell her to hand over keys, but they got them.
she wasnt selling car, they was just gona nick it.
i would just let them take it. my life is not worth a £200'000 or more for a car.
Appeal for help... - bugged {P}
Im about to sell my car in a few weeks and read up on the "how to buy and sell" section, there are a couple of very good tips on there, while theres not much you can do if the guy turns up and steals it, but a few of the tips may prevent a "car jacking".

It scares the hell out of me that there are people around who would steal from under your nose, we really do live in a country full of scum and this thread was a stark warning to me not to trust anyone! Before I trusted both people who bought my cars (the first lady was about 75 though) and was lucky but not anymore, I wouldnt show anyone the car without my dad or boyfriend there.

I really hope the police catch these people and lock them up indefinatly.