What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford and their wonderful prices - Adam {P}
I know this may be skating on thin ice mods so if it needs ammending or deleting, be my guests :-)

To cut a long story short - went to Ford before to buy a new cd player. Here is how the conversation transpired.

Me: "Hello - I have a 99 Focus and the Cd part of the stereo is broken so I need to fix it"

Ford: "Sorry - can't be fixed"

Me: "But you haven't seen it"

Ford: "You need a new one"

Me "Ok I'll have new one"

Ford: "What model is in?"

Me: "A 6000RDS"

Ford: "Ok sir that will be £350"

Me: "Sorry?"

Ford "£350"

Me: "I only want the Cd player"

Ford: "Yes - that is £350"

Me: "For the cd player...."

Ford: "Yes"

Me: "The cd player that is mediocre and I'm only buying so it doesn't look out of place with the dash?"

Ford: *silence"

Me: "Ok - bye"

Went to Halfords (yes I know dont' say anything) and bought a Sony 6 disc changer and Ford adapter for £200.

Wasn't so short after all was it?

Adam
Ford and their wonderful prices - DavidHM
Ow... alternatives:

1. Buy a new unit on eBay - these go for around £120

2. Get it repaired - www.carstereorepairs.co.uk/?source=grepair for instance, albeit not a company I have any experience of. I'm sure most auto electricians could have had a stab at it.

But yes, Ford has a ridiculous concept of the worth of their audio units.
Ford and their wonderful prices - Quinny100
Loads of these are sold through the Ford Focus Owners Club (www.ffoc.co.uk) forums - the going rate is about £65 plus carriage.
Ford and their wonderful prices - daveyK_UK
Be careful lots of stolen ford units on e-bay, make sure seller is genuine.
Ford and their wonderful prices - NowWheels
Went to Halfords (yes I know dont' say anything) and bought a Sony 6 disc changer and Ford adapter for £200.

Adski, are you really sure that's legal?

I thought that the Street Credbility Act was quite specific in forbidding anyone under 25 from listening to music in any format under than MP3? ;-)
Ford and their wonderful prices - Adam {P}
Well NW I was lured by the 7 billion watt mixing desk compatibility with Sky Digital Receiver incorporated into the sleek neon design but at the end of the day I just want to listen to a cd!

Ford and their wonderful prices - NowWheels
Well NW I was lured by the 7 billion watt mixing desk compatibility
with Sky Digital Receiver incorporated into the sleek neon
design but at the end of the day I just want to listen to a cd!

Listen to a what? A CD? Are you an archaeologist or something?? ;-) [huge grin]

Sounds like a flagrant breach of the Street Credibility Act, but don't worry -- even if they do decide to prosecute, the CPS will probably screw up so mightily that they'll have to apologise to you!