What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
RAC increases! - tartanraider
I have just had a letter from RAC inviting me to pay approximately 11.5% more for my breakdown service this year and I\'m happy to pay this if my gaffer responds with a suitable pay rise for yours truly,I\'m sure it won\'t be a problem he\'s a decent fella and I need my car to get into work at silly o\'clock!
RAC increases! - Doc
Try GEM Recovery.

It\'s much cheaper and having used it, I can recommend the service.

www.gemrecovery.co.uk/breakdown-cover-pricing.asp

RAC increases! - carl_a
I have just signed up to GEM, it costs £35 if you do it via the Telegraph web site which is £20 cheaper than normal.
RAC increases! - martint123
I signed up with GEM as well a few months ago. RAC went up even with their 'NCD'.
RAC increases! - Greg R
GEM is a bit of an odd recovery agent. GEM is the cheapest provider of cover. However, unlike the AA, GEM requires you to pay a tow truck at the time and claim your money back later. It doesn?t have its own patrols.
RAC increases! - Middle Earth
Britannia Rescue are a fairly good alternative aswell. Plus you get a discount if you are a member of CSMA

www.britanniarescue.com/
RAC increases! - Doc
GEM is a bit of an odd recovery agent. GEM is
the cheapest provider of cover. However, unlike the AA, GEM requires
you to pay a tow truck at the time and claim
your money back later. It doesn?t have its own patrols.

Payment is usually return of post, and if you pay the breakdown company by credit card, you are never out of pocket.

Unlike the AA, you can choose who you use when you need assistance.