What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
M25 Signs - Altea Ego
Just seen some new signs on the M25, I saw them between j11 - j10 anti clock. Blue and white

M25
B

M25
B

They are counting down, in .5's (tho there was a .4 gap)

New kilometre markings? they are very visible and quite large.

M25 Signs - Dwight Van Driver
Where exactly are they positioned RF ?

Anything like these?

tinyurl.com/3cpbx

DVD
M25 Signs - Altea Ego
DVD, noo not like those

On poles about a metre off the ground on the side of the motorway, oblong about 800/600mm in size, blue reflective background, reflective white figures and edges.
M25 Signs - Civic8
They have been there for a while now.can only assume they are Kilometre markings.
M25 Signs - LongDriver {P}
They're the new alternative to the marker posts.
M25 Signs - patently
Isn't there some secret plan to prepare the ground for a conversion to kilometre signs?

M25 Signs - Civic8
On the M20 they have had Kilometre signs painted on the road for a while much before the M25 one`s were put in.
M25 Signs - tomandjerry56
i think they are signs to the nearest emergency telephone
M25 Signs - Frogeye
I have also seen these, they seem to start at Dartford crossing, and are marked A or B depending which way round you are travelling and they are definately in km. So the days of miles are numbered!!
M25 Signs - Myles
Yep, I've noticed these too - but the lettering is yellow, not white.

They don't replace the small posts marking distance to the nearest emergency phone.

I did hear somebody say that they are to allow the emergency services to pinpoint the site of an accident.
M25 Signs - Altea Ego
Yellow?

So traffic lights dont go Red white green then?
M25 Signs - Chad.R
I've seen similar on the Cheshire stretch of the M6.

Not sure what they are.....

Chad.
M25 Signs - pdc {P}
Yep, they've been on the M6 for about a year now. I asked the question as to their purpose here many months ago and no one knew.