What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Bent alloy wheel - smokie
I have been trying to track down a noise from (probably) the front wheels of my car. It is a rubbing noise, and hapens with each rotation of the wheel.

My mech's immediate thought was wheel bearing, so that was swpapped last week. No change, so today it went back to have teh removed one fitted to the other side. (There was no other indication that the bearing might be on it's way out).

However, while spinning the wheels while it was up on the ramps we noticed that the n/s front tyre had heavy wear on the inner side of the tread, and on closer inspection the inside of the rim is a little deformed.

We have moved it to the back to see if the noise changes/disappears.

However, are there companies that are able to correct non-round wheels, and is it likely to be a success, or would I do better to look for a replacement wheel?
Bent alloy wheel - smokie
btw it's the standard Irmscher 17" anthracite wheel, just found a new set for £600 which is a bit out of budget! Lovely wheels though!! If anyone can suggest a source for one good (and cheap!) wheel then that will also do....

Bent alloy wheel - BB
Ebay will be the cheapest place to get one, but you may have to wait a while for one to come up.
Bent alloy wheel - BB
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...1

Voila! (If you still need one)
Bent alloy wheel - kennybase
Like how they say

'which I removed from the boot of...'

Now, do we think its a car he owns, or a car he passed....

Whatever, at £5.50 who will complain :-p