What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Flexifuel - Flat in Fifth
In Sweden (elsewhere too but not UK afaik: HJ?) you can now buy a Ford Focus Flexifuel.

Basically its powered by unleaded petrol and/or ethanol. As far as I understand there is just the one filler cap, put in what you like in any quantity / proportion you like and the engine management system figures out the mix and reacts accordingly.

Not got my greasy paws on one yet but just a matter of time. Will report back when that little matter is fixed.

Distribution infrastructure for ethanol not that developed yet and mainly in the south of the country.

www.fordbilar.com/etanolbilar.htm which contains a link to the emissions table.

Ford Focus Flexifuel - teabelly
Wow! What a brilliant idea. Ethanol burns much more cleanly doesn't it? Also I think you can use bacteria on sewage to produce the ethanol so it should lead to something much more environmentally sound.

Have they done any research on how easy it would be to change over older cars so they could do the same?
teabelly
Ford Focus Flexifuel - Flat in Fifth
Forgot to say in earlier post that a friend's sister has just bought one.

Roughly (very) translated from the Swedish "it's the dog's woss-names"

Sounds really cool to me and fuel prices are low.
Ford Focus Flexifuel - Altea Ego
woooooo dont get carried away, underdeveloped supply chain is an overstatement!
Ford Focus Flexifuel - Singer-G
This sounds like an improvement over LPG conversions, where you end up with nowhere to put your spare tyre.