What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
omega valuation - gingerwinger
please can someone help me out ?? i have a 2.5 v6 cd "l" reg with 95k on the clock full mot, auto, a/c, e/w, e/s/r, heated seats, e/seats, all the usual cd stuff. i am thinking of selling this as i have seen a 2l cd fitted with lpg. would part ex or private sale be best ?? how much should i sell this for ??
omega valuation - mattyw.
Try the DT's motoring web site; they have a free valuation service using the CAP guide. It won't be very much though. Don't forget HJ's advice regarding Omegas and his general advice regarding lpg problems.
omega valuation - DavidHM
About £1k asking price, I would say, if the car is truly mint. Trade value is about £500.
omega valuation - gingerwinger
im puzzled cus back in dec 03 a car hit the n/s from wing to rear qtr. cost of damage was £1545 and insurance paid up for repairs (none fault) and now bloke hit me up the rear hitting tow bar at 30mph he has damaged boot floor, bumper, tow bar, rear door out of line (needs jigging) cost of damage this time £1885. so y aint the insurance write it off. they say they will pay up to 60% of value. wot the hell have they valued it at ???? (both accidents was non fault)
omega valuation - Aprilia
im puzzled cus back in dec 03 a car hit the
n/s from wing to rear qtr. cost of damage was £1545
and insurance paid up for repairs (none fault) and now bloke
hit me up the rear hitting tow bar at 30mph he
has damaged boot floor, bumper, tow bar, rear door out of
line (needs jigging) cost of damage this time £1885. so y
aint the insurance write it off. they say they will pay
up to 60% of value. wot the hell have they valued
it at ???? (both accidents was non fault)

Don't know how they valued it - but if you mean 'L' reg. then it can't be worth more than £1k, even with a following wind.
omega valuation - Chad.R
I too was puzzled at how my insurers came about their valuations when the alloys on my Omega were stolen in Dec03;

95'M Omega Elite 3.0 with 110K at the time - 4 new alloys and 225/55VR16 Michelin Primacys were fitted. I would have imagined the cost would have been around £1000*. So on that basis and the 60% rule my car is worth around £1500.

* When applying the "60%" rule do the insurers include the excess payment?

The market value though would in all likelyhood be more like £1000 and probably less if petrol prices continue to rise!

Chad.
omega valuation - Mapmaker
...depends whether or not there's a full tank. 80 litres, iirc...
omega valuation - Chad.R
...actually it's 75 or 70 can't remember I'll have to go an look, my E34 5 series was 80l though and you were certainly reminded of it at the pumps, often with >£50 for a full tank even when petrol was relatively cheap :-(

Chad.