What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
honda prelude 2.2 vti (94) - billy25
afternoon all,

had a recurring prob for last year that i'm now fed up with!

offside light bulb keeps blowing the brakelight filament every couple of weeks, (other side is 5yrs old), i have checked all the connections,and the bulb seat and all appear clean,bright and sound. as i now have in excess of 20 one filament sidelight bulbs, i could use some advice as to the root cause please, anybody any ideas?

ta very much
billy
honda prelude 2.2 vti (94) - Dynamic Dave
It could be simply down to a vibration problem. For instance, is the exhaust on the same side of the car? Is the light cluster secure to the bodywork?

A quick google for LED stop & tail lights produces several places that sell them.

Simply put "stop tail light" LED (exactly as I've wrote it, including the quotes) into the search window and do a UK search.

eg:-

www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyleds.htm
stores.ebay.co.uk/ICON-Car-Styling_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ...m

Although initally more expensive than a standard bulb, in the long run it might work out to be cheaper than having to keep replacing them.

honda prelude 2.2 vti (94) - Altea Ego
And check the lamp cluster to earth strap. Find it, take it off and clean the connection points.
honda prelude 2.2 vti (94) - billy25
thanks DD,
everything secure, but that dosen't mean it can't vibrate! and it is possibly the cause, can't afford to keep replacing bulbs at this rate, and must say i'm impressed by the LEDACE replacements, think i'll invest in a pair!!.

thanks,
billy.
honda prelude 2.2 vti (94) - MarkSmith
Hi,

Possible problem (as I see it) with putting in LED replacements is that if you DO have some weird electrical problem, you're going to blow an expensive LED bulb instead.

I don't have any suggestion on the cause of the problem, though, sorry.

-Mark