What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
More PSA climate glitches. Cit Synergie - Clanger
Since Sunday the outside temp. gauge on my Citroen Synergie seems to be reading about 20deg C too high. The reading varies from time to time as though it really is monitoring the temp somewhere in the world; probably Bahrain as it said 31deg when I parked up in damp and chilly North Yorkshire this evening. This over-reading apparently makes the fan work a bit harder to stir the air around in the cabin although the rest of the system seems to work OK.

I have checked the big multi-plug on the nearside front door for corroded contacts, but they all seem like new. The wiring from the sensor in the door mirror looks in good nick but I haven\'t yet taken off the door trim to see if any other plugs are hidden behind it.

What\'s next, good folk?

Buy/fit an ambient temperature sensor?
Let the dealer have a look?
Let an independent have a look?

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
More PSA climate glitches - Aprilia
Excess resistance in the sensor circuit would make it indicate a higher temperature. There may be external connections in the circuit (in the mirror housing?) that are corroded.

Other than that is could be a faulty sensor, or (heaven forfend) a fault in the climate control ECU!
More PSA climate glitches - Clanger
Thanks Aprilia. I have fought my way through the various connectors and multiplugs armed with switch cleaner and WD40.

Still the same; I'm inclined to live with it.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land