What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V Prices - PaulR
Does anyone know what price I should be paying for a new CR-V Executive...and where the best place to buy is? Many thanks.
Honda CR-V Prices - DavidHM
www.motorprovider.co.uk has an SE Sport for £15850 but doesn't quote for any other models.

www.carhound.com wants £16,617 for the SE Sport and £19,082 for the Executive. www.autoedbid.com wants £4 more for the Executive and also quotes £15,446 for the standard SE.

www.drivethedeal.com wants £16,800ish and £19,700ish respectively.

At that money you're paying roughly £3,200 for what amounts to sat nav and leather - and you'll be lucky to see £1k of that at resale.
Honda CR-V Prices - Blue {P}
Hmmm, the Executive, yes, it is worth the extra, we have one in the showroom at the moment in black and it just looks wow! :-)

Erm, I'm embarassed to admit that I can't remember what ours is priced up at, it's the same as the list price though, I just can't remember what that is! The Exec comes with free metallic paint as well. If you try hard at your local Honda dealer you may be able to get a small discount, but Honda don't have particularly large margins in their cars to play with unfortunately, although that does help resale values slightly.

Oh, and the Sat Nav system is fantastic, full colour screen and it's easy to program, I figured it out without the instructions.

Blue
Honda CR-V Prices - Manatee
Try Bob Gerard - the site doesn't seem to be working tonight but they should be worth a call. I bought an se sport auto from them a year ago with no problems - they are (re)imported but you can pay a modest deposit by credit card and the balance by debit card when you collect.

www.bobgerard.co.uk/

Honda CR-V Prices - Martin Devon
Morning all,

Would some kind soul tell me how the 4 wheel drive works on this motor. Can't seem to get the info off of the Honda UK site.

Regards, (and now I'm going back to bed!)
Honda CR-V Prices - Dude - {P}
If you take the trouble to road test a Toyota Rav 4 you would not be even considering CRV prices, - apart from the handling, which is in a different league, the seating comfort and cabin is vastly superior to the Honda. I would like to add that I have no connection to Toyota whatsoever, but did road test these vehicles back to back recently.
er...disagree! The RAV has very poor rear seat and luggage space compared to the latest CRV. I confess that I didn't drive it as I was put off by the lack of space, and the unsubtle interior design and nursery colour scheme in the one I looked at. The inability to open the rear door fully due to the tail light location has also been referred to here - an apparent schoolboy error on the part of the design team. Still, as HJ might say, that's probably not the point of the RAV.
There are two hydraulic pumps, one working at the rate of the front wheels (driven off the propshaft) and one driven at the rate of the rear wheels (driven off the rear diff). When the wheels are going round at the same rate, the pumps oppose each other equally and the clutch to the rear diff remains disengaged. If the fronts spin, the "front" pump works harder than the rear pump and engages the clutch; the rears then join in. When the slipping stops, the clutch disengages again. Sounds horrible but appears to work reliably.

There's no centre diff, which would ordinarily cause transmission wind-up, but as there's always something slipping when 4wd is engaged it doesn't matter.

There is a load of bumf about this and other features here

www.hondauk-media.co.uk/hondauk/car_index.html

if you find the CRV press pack.
Honda CR-V Prices - Chris7
I also purchased a CR-V SE Sport Auto 2/1/04 from Bob Gerard, no problems.He also sells Executives, expect to pay £3,000 less than Honda's with a 3 year warranty aswell.
Honda CR-V Prices - PaulR
Thanks very much to everyone who's taken the time to offer advice - very helpful indeed.