What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Electric failure (temporary) Merc - robin Williams
I have 1998 C class Mercedes estate 1800, auto, which is great - except that while my wife was driving in France there was sudden electric failure covering windscreen cleaner, turn flashers, and door s were unlocked. A friend with an E class said a similar thing happened to him. With my own car it was the second time it has happened - but without any attention all is now ok.... any ideas or has anyone else the same problem? thanks RW
Re: Electric failure (temporary) Merc - andy bairsto
This is the DB achilles heal,I do not think anybody knows the cause or can cure it DB certainly cannot.My c180 kombi suffered intermitant electrical faults all its life (1997circa) plus two resprays .I was glad when it went.
Re: Electric failure (temporary) Merc - honest john
Probably the window winder ECUs in the doors. Through the winter they have to live in a permanently wet atmosphere, condensation gets into the connectors and that's where the problems start. Why do they need ECUs? To respond to transmitter keys and automatically close all the windows when the driver leaves the car.

HJ
Re: Electric failure (temporary) Merc - Martin Wall
Would some WD40 not do the job of drying them out?
Re: Electric failure (temporary) Merc - test
test