What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondewoe going, PCP for the replacement? - Daedalus
Now the Mondewoe is going we have decided that we will probably go PCP for the replacement. Has anyone any experience of this with the car leasing companies? After a lot of searching I have got a Primera 2.2cDi SE 5 door quote at 12000 miles per year for 2 years or 3 years inclusive of vat etc but not maintenance for £230. This seems to be very good. I know its not the Mazda but the 6,s come out at a lot more as does the Avensis. If anyone can recommend a leasing company to try I would be most gratefull.

Bill
Mondewoe going, PCP for the replacement? - Altea Ego
Be careful of excess mileage - it works out expensive. Also the average charge for "refurbishment" is claimed to be £500 unless the car is pristine (I heard of one company claimed £1k loss of value because of a service missed by 250 miles)
Mondewoe going, PCP for the replacement? - DavidHM
The best deal I can find on a Primera is www.carhound.com - £11,300 for a 2.2 S. They also have cheap Mazda6s and Avensi or whatever the correct plural is - about £13,250 for a diesel base model.

Assuming that quote is based on the usual three month deposit (£690), then the Car Purchase plan from Alliance and Leicester www.smartermotoring.com would cost you £220 per month. The other two would be about £260.

I've mentioned this product many times before, by name as it is unique in the market as far as I can tell - which is a shame, because it is also very good. As it is not in any way secured on the car, there is no danger of any excess mileage or 'poor condition' charge. Furthermore, if the car is worth more than 40% of the loan amount (£4,240) you get to keep the difference. If you don't want to get rid of the car or can't fund the balloon at the end of the period, you can simply carry on making the monthly payment until it's paid off.

Of course, you don't have the additoinal Consumer Credit Act conditional sale rights, but then they only help if you've bought the wrong car in the first place as it should be worth much more than 50% of amount outstanding after half the loan. Overall then, the Car Purchase Plan offers most of the benefits to the consumer of a leasing agreement but without the onerous settlement terms.
Mondewoe going, PCP for the replacement? - AndyT
I've been looking at the AA site lately, and they are also doing the Primera SE for £230 over 36 months, with a £1200 dep. and a final payment of £5000 for purchase.

What caught my eye was over 2 grand off a new punto with the new 1.3 multijet diesel engine. I think thats a great deal for cheap motoring At £520 dep. and £118 a month with a final £2700 payment.