What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
honda jazz build quality - how
Hi everyone

How need your help!!!

Just received my new 2004 storm silver Honda Jazz. The car came with only one remote key fob and one normal key. The dealer told me this was standard on the 2004 model. I looked in the 2004 cat. and it say the se sport( my model) comes with 2 transmitters.

The major problem is the the drivers door is slightly out of alignment, I did the £1 coin test, it gets stuck half way down. Did the same for the passender side door, this is fine. I opened up all four doors and looked inside there seems to be weld marks and touch up paint on all the doors. Is this a cut and shut?

I compared it with my friends honda civic, it seems to be prefect. No welds or touch up paint.

Bought this from a main dealer in manchester I live in east london. My email is shamlohi@yahoo.co.uk Can Jazz owners or people who have dealt with this this type of problem contact me

honda jazz build quality - spinner
I'd take it right back to the dealer (Honda ?) you bought it from and:
Ask for a replacement
Reject the car
honda jazz build quality - Burnout2
My Civic (collected Monday) came with two key fob transmitters. They're very expensive (over £80) so the dealer is possibly trying it on with you. As for build quality, the Jazz should have near class-leading shutline tolerances.
honda jazz build quality - Robbie
I've just collected my Accord and the build quality is superb. It also came with two transmitters.

If you look in your user's manual it will tell you what is supplied with the car. My manual is over an inch thick and very comprehensive.
honda jazz build quality - daryld
1. Write to the dealer and Honda UK immediately. Be polite but firm; no emotion-just stick to the facts. Be professional-make no threats or statements you cannot substantiate.

2. Take car to an approved Honda repairer (phone Honda UK and find out where they are) but outside you supplying dealer's catchment area (you do not want to take car back to the palce that may have repaired it in the first place!); get repairer to verify what you see/think. Get full repair valuation. Get their report; if no report then write to repairer confirming what was said by the inspector.

3. Write to dealer and Honda UK with repairer's report.

The next bit is upto you but I would strongly consider getting a solicitor to get involved: either 1) Reject the car or 2) Claim compensation equal to the repair cost. The law has recently changed to the benefit of consumers (Sale of Goods Act and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations). Good Luck.
honda jazz build quality - Jane
I got my new Jazz in mid January (and I love it to bits) and have absolutely no problems with wonky doors. If there are obvious signs of welding etc then I'd take it back asap. As for the keys...I got 2 keys and 1 remote lock thingamijig.

The only thing that miffs me off is that the door protectors, that I paid extra for, were tested, and failed in B&Q car park. Where the rear passenger door meets the drivers door the 'protector' narrows. This is precisely the point at which someone opened their car door and consequently dented mine (1 week after I bought it)!

While I'm on the subject of the Jazz.....is it a Jazz 'quirk' that makes 2nd gear a bit sluggish in response when changing from 1 to 2? I only ask because I'm used to an M reg Fiesta immeadiately responding when doing the same. I can't remember what the Jazz test drive cars were like.

Hope your problem gets sorted BTW!

--
Fill what's empty, empty what's full and scratch where it itches!
honda jazz build quality - T Lucas
If you feel there is a problem with your Jazz and the supplying dealer is not being very helpful pay for an AA inspection,if they find fault Honda UK will sort the deaalr and your Jazz.Do not delay.
honda jazz build quality - how

The jazz is sluggish from 1st to 2nd gear, but I've only done 70 miles. Run in period is 625 miles, maybe it will loosen up later on. Only after 625 mile can I rev it above 4000 rpm.

I'm only getting somewhere between 30.9 and 32.9 mpg. How much are you getting
honda jazz build quality - Godfrey H {P}
Ouch! Mt Jazz has done between 40-45 from new and was no slouch straight from the forecourt. What type of driving do you do?
honda jazz build quality - Jane
I've now done 1000 miles and it's still a bit sluggish. As for fuel consumption....I think it's round the 40mpg area. Might have a word with my friendly dealer about the gears I think.

--
Fill what's empty, empty what's full and scratch where it itches!
honda jazz build quality - John Shelton
Its remotely possible that it slipped in the jog whilst it was being robot welded, Its only a remote possibility but it does happen. Shims are used behind door brackets to obtain the correct spacings but some manufacturers dont use them (toyota) so its possible the pillar to which the door is hung is not true which (again) can be noticeable if the jig has slipped during construction.
honda jazz build quality - wemyss
A friend drives car transporters carrying mainly new cars out of the factory. Damage does happen sometimes for a variety of reasons and this may have happened on the Honda Jazz.
He has told me of many incidents of transporter damage and although I can?t imagine how a door would get crunched I think this is the most likely reason.
The loading of these vehicles is more complex than I imagined. The sequence of loading has to be carefully planned to keep within the height necessary to pass under bridges and is worked out on paper by the driver before loading to ensure this. A height pole is finally used to check this is correct after loading. He tells me that even then he clenches his teeth when he goes under the first bridge.
One particular sports car is prone to damage on its front valance when coming off the ramp during unloading. Big 4X4s are difficult for the driver to get out of after loading and care has to be taken to avoid damage to the doors.
Automatics are the easiest to get up the ramp and smoking clutches are not uncommon.
Drivers take as much care as possible as the company invoke disciplinary action when necessary which often means loss of pay.
He tells me that a damaged car would never be allowed to be sold by the manufacturer and would return into the factory.
However cars are moved around between dealers after delivery by transporters again. Could this have been when this occurred.