What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Pug 206 headlight problem - clachnacudden
Hope only a simple answer is required for this one...

The driver side headlight (\'01, Pug 206) is not working, obvious I thought change the bulb (that I only changed a few months ago)...easy. However the headlights both work on full beam so that rules out the bulb as a problem? surely?

Faulty connector maybe..can anyone help?

cheers,

Craig
Clachnacudden

{I\'ve changed the subject header of your post to something more appropriate - that being the make of car and the problem. It\'s a bit less vague than the one you chose, and also doesn\'t contain a swearword!! DD}
Pug 206 headlight problem - smokie
Dunno much about front lights...but rears have dual filament, different brightnesses, for tail and stop lights. A single filament can go...guess the same goes for fronts...
Pug 206 headlight problem - Sooty Tailpipes
Whether your lights are dual filament single bulb (H4) or dual bulb, just because main beam works means nothing of the dipped, and vice versa. Same with *all cars.

*except bi-xenon luxury ££££ cars
Sorry DD

as for the headlight they are a single bulb..any further commets?
Pug 206 headlight problem - Peter D
Have you inpsected the bulb for a busted filament. It has two, main and dipped beam Regards Peter
Pug 206 headlight problem - Armitage Shanks{P}
I have just looked at the headlight bulb in my Peugeot spare bulb kit and it definitely has two filaments. One can blow without affecting the other, witness the number of cars seen with two rear lights but only one stop light ie one filament blown in a two filament bulb.
a big thank-you to everyone for the advice...problem is now solved. As explained many times (taking me a while to understand) one filament had indeed broken..

New bulb in...magic...

Well done ladies and gentlemen
Pug 206 headlight problem - Peter D
Sorry who was the Lady I thought only Pologirl was a lass !! Regards Peter