What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
EV Etiquette Guide. - sammy1

Vauxhall have seen fit to issue a guide to motorists on how to ""behave"" when you own an EV If you have a mind to go looking it is easily found.

Why the need is any ones guess but to me reading the thing it only serves to highlight how to complicate a simple life of owning and driving a motor car. What amused me was the first point ""Respect the queue"" someone is certainly expecting folks to have to que to charge, but wait this is GB so it will be "no after you, no after you, I insist after you"" and so you wait for ever while this goes on and the inevitable fight and argument breaks out. There is also a bit about ""helping your fellow motorist"" I wonder would that be about which one of some 30 apps to use. I would now post an emojjie thingy if I knew which one might be suitable, how about the one with the big smiley face!!!

One of the most import things to happen in the world of EVs and certainly a first and folks on here cannot even be bothered to comment. The Brochure is featured in just about every newspaper and motoring journal you care to look at

Vauxhall_EV_Etiquette_Guide.pdf

Must be a first for here being the first to post on your own post and may be the last!

EV Etiquette Guide. - FP

Let me put you out of your misery.

To be clear, it seems your latest complaint is that, less than 24 hours after it was posted, no-one is responding to a thread you started!

There could be many reasons for that. I'm sure you can come up with a few, but an obvious one is that people here may have reached saturation point with the incessant stuff about EVs.

Edited by FP on 06/07/2023 at 11:24

EV Etiquette Guide. - bazza

Most of that is really just reiterating good manners and common sense. There are bound to be those that cause aggravation by overstaying, parking ice vehicles in ev slots etc, particularly as numbers increase. I don't mind the posts about EVs as it keeps me informed about the changes taking place. Incidentally my neighbour has just swapped a 5 series for the basic mg4. Having had a good look around it and a test drive, it is most impressive, I would have no issues driving locally every day in it. He's charging off a 3 pin and driving about 60 miles a day.

To be clear, it seems your latest complaint is that, less than 24 hours after it was posted, no-one is responding to a thread you started!

There could be many reasons for that. I'm sure you can come up with a few, but an obvious one is that people here may have reached saturation point with the incessant stuff about EVs.

I am in no misery and still on hols waiting to go walking. It is not a complaint just a light hearted comment about the lack of interest, Not much else going on on the forum either is there but maybe with 2 strikes against this post some might have a deco and a voice. To anyone considering an EV it is informative and may be if ND had read something like this she would have been better prepared perhaps. As far I am concerned there is much to be learnt about EVs and not everything in the garden is as rosy as some would like to make you think Pop along to the thread on EVs DM and see a article from Sky news

EV Etiquette Guide. - Bolt

As far I am concerned there is much to be learnt about EVs and not everything in the garden is as rosy as some would like to make you think

There's a lot to be learnt in the tech world anyway, EVs are only a small part of whats going on, and your right all isn`t rosy in the EV world but we all have to wait and see as tech advances all the time.....interesting times

EV Etiquette Guide. - alan1302

and folks on here cannot even be bothered to comment.

Must be a first for here being the first to post on your own post and may be the last!

Maybe they just don't feel the need to...although no doubt you are trying to be 'funny' again with your comment. Enjoy your holiday.

EV Etiquette Guide. - UCB
It always amuses me to see folks queuing at petrol stations to get the pump on the right side for their vehicle. I am happy to extend the filler hose around the back of my car to fill up and leave. One of my other gripes is those who park at the pump without buying fuel at the pre pay pump, just to use the shop, sometimes spending ages filling a trollley. I sometimes flag them down saying “ you forgot to get your fuel” to blank looks and utter confusion. Whoever opens the first drive through supermarket will be on to a winner.
EV Etiquette Guide. - Bromptonaut
It always amuses me to see folks queuing at petrol stations to get the pump on the right side for their vehicle.

If you've got a large/high car the so called extra long hoses can be faff even though they're just about long enough. My Fabia estate's easy but then it's not large or tall.

Our other car, current shape Berlingo, has me struggling although it's easier if you ease further forward than if you were filler side on to the pump.

EV Etiquette Guide. - UCB
It always amuses me to see folks queuing at petrol stations to get the pump on the right side for their vehicle.

If you've got a large/high car the so called extra long hoses can be faff even though they're just about long enough. My Fabia estate's easy but then it's not large or tall.

Our other car, current shape Berlingo, has me struggling although it's easier if you ease further forward than if you were filler side on to the pump.

I see all types of cars queuing, probably a mix of convenience or genuinely don’t realise that the pump hose extends so far. Another option is to back up to the opposite pump to enable easier filling. As you say just moving that bit further forward helps to get the hose around the rear of the car.
EV Etiquette Guide. - bathtub tom

I once saw an MX5 driver blocking the queue to get the pump on the side they wanted. The filler's almost in the middle!