What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Getting a Cable from bonnet to Interior - urlife_006
Hi Guy\'s

I have a Corsa 16v 4speed auto,1997 P. i recently brought a headlight flasher kit and there is a switch on it that is sposed to be in the interior how do i get the cable from under the bonet to inside the car. also the kit is designed for full beam headlights and instructions advise be to cut the cable on the full beam and join 2 cables, so one on the cut bit near light and one on other cut bit, if i did that i take it that it it will fail an MOT with the kit on the car and taken to test, if i removed the kit and placed a crimp over the cut bits and the headlights still work would it pass test?

Does anyone have one of these kits? if so do you know if the full beam will still work if the indicator arm is pulled toward or away from body and still work as if the kit wasn\'t there or how ever you would word it. sorry usless on explaining things

Sam
Getting a Cable from bonnet to Interior - DL
What is a Headlamp Flasher Kit? Surely you already have this option on your indicator stalk [pull it towards you?]
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Getting a Cable from bonnet to Interior - Spanner Jack
...perhaps it is an imitation Police light system ;)

As for MOT, your side lights, Dipped Headlights, and full beam headlights must all show a constant light while in operation.

ie must not pulse or flash.

According to the highway code, the only reason you need to flash your headlights is in a warning situation to let other road users know you are there. The same as a horn.

If you want to run a cable from your engine bay to the interior of the car, follow an existing wiring loom. Make sure the wires are fused and protected from chaffing.
Getting a Cable from bonnet to Interior - urlife_006
ok thanks, i thought about tracing exisiting wires just dont want to have to make any permanant holes