What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - Michael Groves

Hi, I have a faulty Fuel injector, I have been quoted 500 to replace one but they recommend replacing all 4 at 1700, Car is 2010 Honda Civic Type S 1.8. Is this high price or in the right ball park?

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - elekie&a/c doctor
Why would you need 4 ?

the garage recommended 4, I dont know cars so is 1 new fuel injector working better than 3 old ones going to cause a problem?

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - skidpan

Its 18 years since I bought any petrol injectors and they were nowhere near £500 each. Just checked on the Weber site and they are currently £100.89 +VAT each. Took me about 1/2 and hour to fit all 4.

You need to check prices elsewhere.

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - gordonbennet

Yes that does seem a scandalous price for a petrol injector, but presumably it needs to be programmed in as modern Diesel injectors do so half of that might be labour costs...but this isn't rocket science nor does it need to go to Honda to be programmed and i'd be asking around other indy garages for a price.

Does it need all 4, not really, though once the job is done it wouldn't hurt to run a good injector cleaner through the system, if the car is still running on all cylinders its entirely possible a good injector cleaner might sort the faulty one out too.

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - elekie&a/c doctor
No programming needed on these petrol engines.

Thanks doc.

hondadirectparts.co.uk/parts/honda-civic-genuine-p.../

this states the genuine honda part is £317 including vat

although same website also had it at £500

Edited by Michael Groves on 30/01/2023 at 12:27

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - sammy1

Honda have always been OTT on part prices, cannot see how people sing their praises, OK I suppose till something goes wrong. There are other outlets for most parts

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - corax

If that is the price of their petrol injectors, I would hate to know how much a diesel injector is.

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - Warning

I am a regular viewer of Scotty Kilmer channel.

How to Test Fuel Injectors in Your Car

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrqyrI5aNl0

People Say I'm Full of Crap About Fuel Additives, Well Watch This
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZMKcbC0rTs

I did not watch the video in full, may be a cleaner may help?

Scotty probably has other videos..... it may be hard to find the right one.... He often answers viewer questions, so the answer may be buried deep somewhere.

He is an American mechanic and is a Toyota and Honda fan boy.

Edited by Warning on 30/01/2023 at 13:59

I did used to watch his videos a while back after they came into my feed. I took my car back but its looking like the switch to E10 fuel could be the cause since my previous Honda was hit with the same issue so I don't believe the green reason for the switch they more likely want to intentionally damage cars to either get them off the road or force people to electric.

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - skidpan

I did used to watch his videos a while back after they came into my feed. I took my car back but its looking like the switch to E10 fuel could be the cause since my previous Honda was hit with the same issue so I don't believe the green reason for the switch they more likely want to intentionally damage cars to either get them off the road or force people to electric.

Not that old nonsense again.

Whilst its true using E10 will damage a small percentage of cars a vast majority are running quite happily on E10 with no issues.

And we certainly don't want the conspiracy theory nonsense about forcing cars off the road, some will be more than happy to join in on that one.

Whilst I am 100% happy that the engine in my Caterham would run quite happily on E10 petrol (its a 2004 2 litre Focus engine that is E10 compliant) there are components in the fuel system such as pumps, filters, "O" rings, pipes and even the tank itself some of which date back to the early 90's (well before E10 was invented in the UK) thus they may be at risk form the ethanol. Solution is simple, use E5. The extra RON and supposed better additives has made no difference to the way it runs and its mpg but it way cheaper than fitting a load of new parts when they work perfectly OK.

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - Andrew-T

Quite right Skidpan. A 2010 car should be E10 compliant without question.

Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - Ian D
It’s a cheap car (£2000??), just change the one faulty injector….
Honda Civic - Replacing faulty fuel injectors - focussed

Get them cleaned and serviced by post - 3 - 4 day turn around.

£14.50 max per injector + £10-12 postage

www.injectortune.co.uk/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDvtzg-ThZs

this looked interesting hack to clean the injectors.

Maybe its not the E10 fuel but seems many people with mechanical knowledge say this change would cause problems down the line which matches up with what the mechanic and RAC guy both said they had seen an increase in injector issues on Hondas, though not looking to start a E10 fuel fight :o)

edit, already posted.

Very interesting video that

Edited by gordonbennet on 31/01/2023 at 10:09