What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Michelin Tyre Prices - rogerb
FYI

yesterday I went to micheldever to buy 2 Michelin XV1's 195x60x15.

The price I was quoted about 10 days ago was an excellent £56.92 each, inclusive.
The price I was asked to pay yesterday was £67+ !!
When I enquired, I was informed "The price went up a few days ago".
I have no reason to doubt this, I hasten to add.
I settled for a pair of XV1 DA's @ £53+ each - i was assured that the "DA" meant they have some 'cometic blemish' only, and are otherwise standard XV1's.
Can any of you pros out there confirm this, please?(I have emailed Michelin UK - so far no reply)
(I always take the words of tyre fitters with a large lump of salt, and had not visited MT previously - I made a special trip, 'cos their prices were so good!!)
Thanks
Roger
Re: Michelin Tyre Prices - Dave
Funny - the AA gave me an insurance quote that mysteriously went up 10 per cent after 20 days!

She said they didn't gaurentee quotes. Which begs the question; 'Why quote?'
Re: Michelin Tyre Prices - David Woollard
Yep the DAs have been sold at a cheaper price for years. Had a bargain set of 185/70 DA Dunlop SP Sport on my Rover 2000 years ago.

They are exactly what they said on this occasion. I think they may have a small "DA" stamp somewhere on the sidewall.

I don't want to be unkind but I am wary of some tyre fitter/outlet claims too.

David
Re: Michelin Tyre Prices - rogerb
David
Thanks for the re-assurance.
I'm sure that, on this occasion, and with this supplier, it was genuine :-)
Still a better price than the P6000's which have only lasted 12k on the fronts.
Roger
Re: Michelin Tyre Prices - Bill B
The DA stands for 'defective appearence' and means there will be a small cosmetic imperfection that should not affect the performance.
Re: Michelin Tyre Prices - honest john
Tyre prices fluctuate almost daily and Micheldever buy on world markets. You get the best deal available on the day. I had to buy a tyre last Friday and it was £23 cheaper than the same tyre was two years ago.

HJ
Re: Michelin Tyre Prices - T lucas
MD tyres supply a lot of the major national chains who then sell on +margin.MD prices really do take some beating and no hidden extra charges,or punting for work.