What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Departure of ORB - Xileno

This is to let you all know that for personal reasons ORB has decided to leave the Backroom and therefore will no longer be acting as a moderator.

I hope you will all join me in thanking ORB for his hard work in moderating during the last 18 months or so since the sad passing of Avant. A lot more goes on behind the scenes than you might think.

A replacement moderator will hopefully be appointed in due course by the HJ Editor.

[this message will probably get moved to the other forum later]

Departure of ORB - Steveieb

Such bad news to lose ORB as a moderator.

I do hope he will continue to post his interesting threads.

Departure of ORB - Engineer Andy

Such bad news to lose ORB as a moderator.

I do hope he will continue to post his interesting threads.

Indeed - hopefully he'll return soon, regaling us of the tales of ownership of his Korando, etc, something that often brought a smile to my face during the current grim times.

Cheers!

Departure of ORB - Mike H

Hopefully he'll still drop by occasionally to add his always sensible thoughts. Wishing him all the best for the future.

I know what you mean about what goes on behind the scenes. Within the last few months I have become an administrator and moderator of several Facebook groups and have seen what goes on.

Departure of ORB - nellyjak

Yeah, that's sad news...I wish ORB all the best.

Departure of ORB - Ethan Edwards

Wishing you all the best.

Departure of ORB - RT

Sad news indeed - ORB contributions and moderation have been outstanding - maybe the "personal reasons" will work out ok for ORB, I'm sure we all hope so.

Departure of ORB - badbusdriver

Sad to see you go ORB, hopefully not permanently.

Lang may yer lum reek

Departure of ORB - groaver

Haste ye back.

Departure of ORB - badbusdriver

Haste ye back.

:-)

Departure of ORB - FP

I'm very sorry to see ORB depart. I can imagine what a thankless job being a moderator must be, but I have always felt that since the much-lamented demise of Avant that both Xileno and ORB have been excellent moderators.

Edited by FP on 22/10/2022 at 21:34

Departure of ORB - John F

I do indeed join Xileno in thanking dear old RB for his input here. Best wishes for the future - and I hope his lum doesn't reek too much - clearly a sign of incomplete combustion requiring attention to the air intake.........

Departure of ORB - Smileyman

Sorry to read this news, do wish ORB all the best for the future.

Departure of ORB - expat

Thank you ORB for all your hard work as moderator. It is very much appreciated. I hope you will continue to post here. The moderators work is essential to the running of this forum. There are some people who may not agree with the moderators decisions but they should consider if they could do any better. We have been very fortunate with having such good moderators over the years and long may it continue.

Departure of ORB - catsdad

Echoing all the thanks and good wishes.

Departure of ORB - paul 1963

Always sad when a long time member departs for whatever reason, best wishes ORB, although I do suspect he'll be back, think he's "left" twice before?

Departure of ORB - SLO76
Saddened to hear this, he’s always a voice of reason. Best wishes ORB.
Departure of ORB - Oli rag

Sorry to hear this. Wish him, YRG and Blodwen all the best

Departure of ORB - KB.

My good wishes are added to those of the others.

Departure of ORB - Big John

Likewise best wishes from me - ORB will be missed.

Departure of ORB - Adampr

Best wishes ORB, and thanks for your hard work.

Departure of ORB - Maxime.

Best wishes ORB, and thanks for your hard work.

Ditto.

Departure of ORB - Xileno

I have no doubt ORB will be seeing the kind words in this thread and will appreciate them.

Like others I hope he will return as a 'normal' member when he has more time.

Departure of ORB - johncyprus

Very sorry to hear of ORB’s departure. Let’s hope he returns; his posts were always well worth reading. When the likes of Gordon Bennett, SLO76 and now ORB leave the forum it’s a little like a friend moves away. Hopefully they’ll all be back.