Renault Clio - Possible vacuum leak? - Liam Ffoulkes
Hi all,
In need of urgent help with it being bank holiday and the garages been closed, any help is much appreciated.

I was driving my ‘14 plate Renault Clio yesterday to York, when I began to hear a faint whistling sound that sounded like it was coming from the front of the car. This whistling noise was only noticeable when I was accelerating, and began to get noticeably worse.

Not only was it whistling very loud when driving, but it seemed like a lot of power had gone from my car too, having to practically put my foot down to the floor to get to 20mph. After stopping, taking a quick look under the hood and then setting off back home, I managed to get home after practically having the foot to the ground to slowly get up to 40/50mph and then with occasional accelerating and hoping for no uphills etc.

Does anyone know what this may be if possible please? No garages are currently open for me to ask, just hoping it’s not a case of my car being knackered completely. Any help is much appreciated. The one thing I did realise when I checked under the hood was that the engine coolant tank seemed empty even though I had filled it up not long ago. When I unscrewed the cap, which seemed abnormally stiff/stuck, and the air pressure got in, all the fluid flooded back into the tank - not sure if this means anything too?

Any help is much appreciated!

Edited by Liam Ffoulkes on 17/04/2022 at 10:18

Renault Clio - Possible vacuum leak? - galileo

Whistling on hard acceleration with loss of power would be a result of an air leak in the hose from the turbo compressor to the inlet manifold. Check for those, get someone to rev the engine while holding a piece of paper around the turbo outlet hose (mind fingers in drive belts)