What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - Steveieb

President Macron and his government as major shareholders have apparently authorised the resumption of Renault car production in Russia.

This comes as a surprise taking into account other European manufacturers response to the Ukraine Crisis!

Slight correction.

Production of the Duster Kaptur, Ariana And Nissan Terrano will continue and some production of the Lada brand which Renault own will continue at the Toggiotti plant

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - sammy1

Well they might make them but who in the West is going to buy them? As long as NATO sits on the fence though it appears that money at the end of the day will weaken any sanctions currently made against Russia

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - Ethan Edwards

Eu members backsliding on sanctions eh?

French grocer Auchan still trading in Russia. Looks like we had unreliable so called allies. Better off having nothing to do with any EU organisation.

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - Andrew-T

Better off having nothing to do with any EU organisation.

In what sense ? It'll be interesting to see how that prediction pans out - but it will be next to impossible making a judgment.

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - daveyK_UK
My pals main customer which is an Indian company is still buying Russian products and materials without problem, Indian government has not taken much interest in the war.

My pals main customer which is an Indian company is still buying Russian products and materials without problem, Indian government has not taken much interest in the war.

This seems to be the main trouble a dis united world against Putin. Russia still exporting to a very large market like India and a few others. If God forbid the war did go nuclear then the whole world would be affected so you would think that India and others would realise this. There must be some very influential Indian citizens living in the UK and Europe who you would think could perhaps pressure their government. I don't really think that Putin's nuclear threat is the real reason that NATO is not being more pro active. It is very sad that the Ukraine is being laid waste and so much human misery

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - RT

India's allegiance is questionable - they seem to have abstained on several UN votes over Russia rather than supporting most of the world in censoring Russia.

This seems to be the main trouble a dis united world against Putin. Russia still exporting to a very large market like India ....

I don't see why we should expect the world to unite against Russia ? I guess a few nations will see Ukraine as full of 'Russians' so it's just a local spat. And I don't know if India buys Russian gas, but it certainly buys Russian wheat, and India has a lot of mouths to feed - even if many eat rice.

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - focussed

They are made in Russia in a Renault factory for the Russian market, not for export to the EU.

Well they might make them but who in the West is going to buy them? As long as NATO sits on the fence though it appears that money at the end of the day will weaken any sanctions currently made against Russia

They are made in Russia in a Renault plant for the Russian market, not for export.

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - mcb100
Renault have today announced the suspension of all industrial activity in Russia - en.media.renaultgroup.com/news/renault-industrial-...l

Wonder if Renault have any control over the former Lada factory at Togliotti ?

But French owned grocery chain Auchan and diy chain Leroy Merlin appear to be still trading .

"""I don't see why we should expect the world to unite against Russia ? I guess a few nations will see Ukraine as full of 'Russians' so it's just a local spat. And I don't know if India buys Russian gas, but it certainly buys Russian wheat, and India has a lot of mouths to feed - even if many eat rice."""

This is how WW2 started with its "" not our problem"" and it has turned out to be a full blown war and not a spat as you put it. Countries ignoring the world sanctions should also have some sort of sanction put on them, The only way Russia is going to see sense short of others joining Ukraine in war is for the WHOLE world to unite on sanctions and cut off Russia completely. The USA has today agreed to supply the EU with liquified gas which should help ease their reliance on natural gas from Russia.

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - galileo

"""I don't see why we should expect the world to unite against Russia ? I guess a few nations will see Ukraine as full of 'Russians' so it's just a local spat.

I would hope nations aware of repeated war crimes against civilians would disapprove and say so, even if reluctant to suffer inconvenience as a result of applying sanctions.

Countries ignoring the world sanctions should also have some sort of sanction put on them, The only way Russia is going to see sense short of others joining Ukraine in war is for the WHOLE world to unite on sanctions and cut off Russia completely.

I'm not sure whether you are being optimistic, but if so I don't share it, tho I agree with the sentiment. I don't believe Putin takes much notice of what any other nations think. He started out saying he wished to welcome the Ukrainian Slavs back into the Russian fold where he thought they belonged, then set about murdering them in droves. He simply doesn't care whether the world sees him as a pariah.

It will be very interesting if Ukraine ends up 'winning' as several minds are starting to imagine.

Countries ignoring the world sanctions should also have some sort of sanction put on them, The only way Russia is going to see sense short of others joining Ukraine in war is for the WHOLE world to unite on sanctions and cut off Russia completely.

I'm not sure whether you are being optimistic, but if so I don't share it, tho I agree with the sentiment. I don't believe Putin takes much notice of what any other nations think. He started out saying he wished to welcome the Ukrainian Slavs back into the Russian fold where he thought they belonged, then set about murdering them in droves. He simply doesn't care whether the world sees him as a pariah.

It will be very interesting if Ukraine ends up 'winning' as several minds are starting to imagine.

I think a more likely outcome is a stalemate where the Ukrainians fight the Russians to a standstill, resulting in some sort of partition or division of the Russian speaking parts of Ukraine, which Putin will say is a "victory" for him.

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - Ethan Edwards

More likely outcome is he holds the present territorial gains. Declares victory and waits for the furore to die down. Like it did when he stole Georgia, Abkhazia, South Ossettia and Crimea. Few years down the line, he's built his army back up. He Manufactures another grievance and invades again chewing off another bit. Rinse and repeat, as many times as he wants. It's up to the west to not let this happen...ever again.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 26/03/2022 at 00:18

I feel for anyone who’s pension or investment in Petropavlovsk gold mines based in London but mine in Russia.

They have a loan payment due on Friday but not allowed to make it to a sanctioned Russian bank nor can they sell the bank the gold they have mined.

Share price down by 90 odd percent.

British government harming a British investors while Chinese, Indian, etc investors reap the benefit of a cheap rouble.

The war is disgusting but harming British pension funds is not going to beat Putin

"""British government harming a British investors while Chinese, Indian, etc investors reap the benefit of a cheap rouble."""

Everyone knows the stock exchange is a bit of a gamble hence all the advice given as to where to put your money and spread the risk. The wife of the chap with drainpipe trousers has apparently some £400million in a Russian company and he is running our economy!

Cleo and Kadja - Renault resume production in Russia - alan1302
The war is disgusting but harming British pension funds is not going to beat Putin

Not on its own it wont but it's all part of sanctions to cut off Russia's money - there will be some pain felt in the UK but if the West won't directly attack Russia then this is something that must be done no matter the pain.

Starting to appear if the tensions and fighting is starting to subdue , let’s hope it leads to a ceasefire