What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Parking charges. New cap and new rules - From the Guardian - _

www.theguardian.com/money/2022/feb/07/most-private...s

Will it really happen.

Parking charges. New cap and new rules - From the Guardian - Engineer Andy

Let's hope so, at least on the procedures front. I'm perhaps rather less convinced on the reducing max fines level, as a £25 fine may in some areas not be worth the time for parking control to even be there (see below).

I wonder if they also apply to private housing developments where parking control is required? Mine has a £100 fine, reduced to £50 if paid within X period. TBH, the residents association can also rescind fines if a reasonable excuse is offered or its a 'normal' first time offence (i.e. they aren't taking the mick).

A standard £25 fine may mean the firm may not find it worth their while coming any more, which won't help anyone (my development adjoins the local train car park and we've had issues [and of residents with far more cars than allocated spaces] in the past before we got parking control).

Not so much of an issue for large commercial car parks for retail parks where the operative can be there all day and turn a profit - for my development, we're lucky if they come twice a week for an hour.

I remember the terrible troubles we faced on parking back when I moved in 15+ years ago. I don't want to go back to those days.