What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Audi A1 - 360-degree cam to identify who's keying my car - GT

My car has been keyed four times in the last few weeks. I want to fit a cam with a 360-degree view and motion detection. Any suggestions? The Waylens Secure360 looks a likely candidate but is this distributed/sold here in the UK?

Audi A1 - 360-degree cam to identify who's keying my car - Xileno

A quick look on Amazon shows as unavailable. Maybe email them to see what the score is support@waylens.com

Edited by Xileno on 22/01/2022 at 17:41

Audi A1 - 360-degree cam to identify who's keying my car - badbusdriver

1, A security camera is not going to stop your car from being keyed.

2, If the person doing the damage is wearing a hoody and, as Is likely these days, a facemask, the footage is not going to help.

3, The fact that it has been done 4 times within a short period suggests that this could be someone with a personal grudge against you, rather than just being random. Think about who that might be.

If your car is parked in the same place relative to your house, a camera on the house might be a better idea. That way it can be recording constantly with no worries about batteries going flat.

If you live in a rough area and the damage is just random, I'd suggest better idea (at least till you have somewhere secure to park) would be to get shot of the A1 and replace it with something which looks a bit scruffy. If a car looks like its owner isn't bothered about it, it is less likely to attract the attention of the kind of person who will key a car.

1, A security camera is not going to stop your car from being keyed.

2, If the person doing the damage is wearing a hoody and, as Is likely these days, a facemask, the footage is not going to help.

3, The fact that it has been done 4 times within a short period suggests that this could be someone with a personal grudge against you, rather than just being random. Think about who that might be.

If your car is parked in the same place relative to your house, a camera on the house might be a better idea. That way it can be recording constantly with no worries about batteries going flat.

If you live in a rough area and the damage is just random, I'd suggest better idea (at least till you have somewhere secure to park) would be to get shot of the A1 and replace it with something which looks a bit scruffy. If a car looks like its owner isn't bothered about it, it is less likely to attract the attention of the kind of person who will key a car.

badbusdriver - other cars have been keyed as well, so I don't think I'm being targetted. You say a camera on the house would be better (actually it's a block of flats) - how would this help w.r.t. your second point? It's definitely not a rough area. The A1 is my pride and joy, having had a scruffy Saxo for years. Am already parking in different places but this is admitting defeat as the residents of the 6 flats all share spaces reserved for the flats. Parking in spaces elsewhere will only upset others.

You say a camera on the house would be better (actually it's a block of flats) - how would this help w.r.t. your second point?

I didn't say it would be better, I said it might be better. If the scrot in question is not too bright, they might only cover their face as they got closer to the car. A camera mounted higher up with a wider field of view might catch them off guard before that point.

This tells us why Waylens is no longer available on Amazon, or anywhere else for that matter:

waylens.com/consumer

This tells us why Waylens is no longer available on Amazon, or anywhere else for that matter:

waylens.com/consumer

Garmin do a dash cam which covers 360 degrees by way of two 180 degree lenses.

Garmin do a dash cam which covers 360 degrees by way of two 180 degree lenses.

Thanks, could you tell me the model no.? I just bought a 1080p surveillance camera from Spycameracctv.com, it's about the size of a packet of cigarettes. The major problem is that nighttime recordings are extremely grainy and wouldn't be able to show any distinguishing features (e.g, face) of someone approaching the car. The field of view is only 120 degrees too.

It is called the Tandem, but they are not cheap. Not sure how the price compares with the one you were interested, but on Amazon, the Garmin Tandem seems to be around £450. Might be possible to get it cheaper somewhere else if you do some digging.

ref=sr_1_3

It is called the Tandem, but they are not cheap. Not sure how the price compares with the one you were interested, but on Amazon, the Garmin Tandem seems to be around £450. Might be possible to get it cheaper somewhere else if you do some digging.

I bought a Tandem from Garmin after checking with them that it would detect motion from the front and rear of the device. I've now discovered (and they finally admit) that whilst it will record through both lenses simultaneously, the trigger for this is only through the front-facing lens. This is not what I want. I need motion detection at the rear and sides too. So they then suggested further cameras facing the rear and the two sides of the car, sync'd with the Tandem. Drain on my pocket and on the car battery, methinks. So I'm back to square one now.