What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
27 year old Toyota Land Cruiser - Metropolis.
I see that a 27 year old Land Cruiser Amazon sold for $136,000.00 on Bring a Trailer (American website I think). Mint example with just 1,000 miles on the odometer, first owner for 26 years.

Would you? Im not sure why they wouldnt just buy a new one, Toyota have followed an evolutionary approach with this vehicle, so a new one is still body on frame and (I assume) solid rear axle as I haven’t seen the 4x4 forums going mental.
27 year old Toyota Land Cruiser - badbusdriver

27 years old would make it a J80, and while I think I'd consider that my favourite Land Cruiser (I love the looks of the classic J40, but don't fancy the bouncy ride on live axles/leaf springs all round!), I don't think I could bring myself to part with that much money for one, even in mint low miles condition!.

Maybe with a lottery win under my belt though!

Yes, it's the J80. I think the J100 is my favourite! Especially the facelift versions. The citroen derived hydraulic suspension can give expensive trouble though.

27 year old Toyota Land Cruiser - SLO76
Classic car values are a bit nuts in the US, this is a fine example.

A mint Discovery 2 v8 was for sale for 25,000 dollars recently and that is becoming more common in the US. Pales in comparison to this price, but yes, Americans are going crazy for any old school ladder framed 4x4 so long as it is in pristine condition. Hence the new Bronco being released and Jeep now offering a v8 in the wrangler. Chevy missed the boat with their new Blazer being a crossover. Toyota are doing really well with the 4Runner, they are quite coveted. Such a different market to ours.

A link to somewhere reporting on it, if anyone is interested in the pictures.. www.carscoops.com/2021/06/this-1k-mile-1994-toyota.../