What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Renault Talisman 160 edc Initiale Paris estate - Left Hand Drive Car Insurance - Speedbird 747

I want to register my Talisman in the UK, but as Renault did not sell this car in the country, there is no compatible right hand drive model in the database of insurers.

I do not want to register the car in the UK if it is going to be difficult or very costly to insure. One insurance company has offered to insure the car based on its VIN number whilst it is transferred onto British plates, but the cost is nearly £700 for the first year’s insurance. I do have maximum no claims in France.

Renault Talisman 160 edc Initiale Paris estate - Left Hand Drive Car Insurance - badbusdriver

It isn't going to be difficult to insure your car in the UK due to it being left hand drive. There are heaps and heaps of US and EU cars, both modern and classic, being driven in the UK.

As to cost?, not sure as I've never looked into it. You probably won't get a favourable quote from a run-of-the-mill insurer, but if you were to look around at various insurers advertised in classic/American/kit car magazines, you may get something a bit more reasonable.